Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Jun 22, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

So how long before we are charged a booking fee to reserve a park.
Then if a no show you are charged $10.per oerson. I can see this really happening.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Is this because everyone is moving to the popular parks at 2pm ( Magic Kingdom and HS) and those parks are already at ‘capacity’.

I have read that AK is quieter in the late afternoons.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I hope they don’t bring this in.

I hate the curren5 system as I can’t go and grab a crepe in a Epcot for breakfast if I don’t have the morning reservation, or fish & chips for lunch. A few times while staying at BC in November, Dec, Jan I would say “ooh let’s grab xxx to eat” only to realise I’m not allowed in until after 2pm. It happened at AK too. I am let by my stomach on holiday and it doesn’t like park reservations 🙄 😂
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I feel like all this will do is mean more people will book multiple parks and therefore clog up genuine capacity in parks. Everyone will be booking "just in case" and people will struggle to get a first park let alone a second just because everyone else has booked them. I get them bringing park hoping forward a bit (maybe to 12pm rather than 2pm) but booking more parks wont change capacity it will just mean more parks will be full on the system because everyones booked them "just in case"
Old 29 Jun 22, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I feel like all this will do is mean more people will book multiple parks and therefore clog up genuine capacity in parks. Everyone will be booking "just in case" and people will struggle to get a first park let alone a second just because everyone else has booked them. I get them bringing park hoping forward a bit (maybe to 12pm rather than 2pm) but booking more parks wont change capacity it will just mean more parks will be full on the system because everyones booked them "just in case"
Absolutely this ! This is what will happen and the whole thing sucks !

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Let’s face it… they need a fifth gate. The visitor numbers are just too big now, there appear to be very few quiet times. Remember when October used to be quiet?

I tend to have always had a ‘can be changed if need be’ plan, usually built around ADR’s and ‘fast passes’… now not having either there won’t be many ADR’s for us- and I am hesitant to book more than a couple in case they clash with any Genie+ times 😩 it will be an extremely different holiday.

I guess we’ll hear the official line soon.

Can you imagine what MK will be like once Tron opens?! I think this park hop pass will happen soon in anticipation of the surge at MK.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

I may be being dumb but I just dont see how this wont cause a nightmare! Currently you can go to a park leave and come back or only go to your first park reservation at 3pm so would all that have to stop so they can resell your spot once you've left? Do I need to book a time slot?! Seems like madness to me and I dont see how making it harder to go where you want makes them more money? So fingers crossed this is just a rumour
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Originally Posted by bex85chelt View Post
I may be being dumb but I just dont see how this wont cause a nightmare! Currently you can go to a park leave and come back or only go to your first park reservation at 3pm so would all that have to stop so they can resell your spot once you've left? Do I need to book a time slot?! Seems like madness to me and I dont see how making it harder to go where you want makes them more money? So fingers crossed this is just a rumour
I think it’s 2pm, but yes, Disney are ratcheting up the anxiety on a weekly basis at the moment.

I was just looking at my Genie planning on the app ( this is plain basic genie not genie+) and there are currently options in that asking you whether if and where you plan to park hop to, who will be going etc so their interest regarding wanting to know where we are intending to go already seems pencilled in from a Disney aspect, albeit a bit sneakily.

What with all this and the “Hey Disney” Alexa/Siri machine in the rooms, there won’t be a moment Disney won’t know where we are.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
charleigh08
Very Serious Dibber

I just have a 14 day ultimate ticket bought in UK, at the moment can I park hop after 2pm, or is that a different ticket or do I pay more to park hop, I’m confused !
charleigh08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Originally Posted by charleigh08 View Post
I just have a 14 day ultimate ticket bought in UK, at the moment can I park hop after 2pm, or is that a different ticket or do I pay more to park hop, I’m confused !
Yes you can park hop at 2pm 👍 you don’t pay anything more.