Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jul 22, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

New Apple Phone?

I thought I’d post here to see what people think!

I currently have the iPhone 11 Pro and was thinking of upgrading to iPhone 13 Pro for when we go in August. The only reason being is my battery isn’t as good as it used to be and with MDE I thought it would be better. We have Genie+ and also will be getting DAS so it’s a lot of phone time.

I’ve seen they’re launching the 14 in a few months so it’s the worst time to buy! I have a power bank too so I’m guessing if they’re both charged everyday that’s should be sufficient?

I don’t particularly need to upgrade at this time and it was purely only for the holiday. So is it worth just saving my money and not bother?
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’d save your money for the holiday. I’ve just upgraded to the 13 Pro Max for the same reason but my old one was a 7 plus and the battery didn’t last to lunchtime. Don’t think there’s too much difference between 11 and 13 but if you’re really concerned about the battery they’re only £50 from Apple.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree with Twiggy, save your money for your trip. I went from the 11 pro to the 13 pros and there really isn’t that much difference. If anything, wait until they announce the new iPhone, should be some time in late Sept early Oct.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by malt1977 View Post
I agree with Twiggy, save your money for your trip. I went from the 11 pro to the 13 pros and there really isn’t that much difference. If anything, wait until they announce the new iPhone, should be some time in late Sept early Oct.
It was the new 14 rumoured designs which stopped me from going to buy one. I’m going to just use my power bank and wait I think. Makes such a difference as that money will cover so much away.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DDad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
I’d save your money for the holiday. I’ve just upgraded to the 13 Pro Max for the same reason but my old one was a 7 plus and the battery didn’t last to lunchtime. Don’t think there’s too much difference between 11 and 13 but if you’re really concerned about the battery they’re only £50 from Apple.
I upgraded from the 11 Pro Max to the 13 version and I can say I wish I didn't.

Absolutely no difference.
DDad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I upgraded to iPhone 13 ahead of my trip as I was worried about the old one, I am so glad I did it … but I was on iPhone 5. No I would not change from 11 to 13, that seems unnecessary to me.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

The camera sensor on the 13 pro and the ability to take RAW images not JPG is what gets it for me. Though we have found the camera actually to be better in the 12 pro max than the 13 pro max. I currently have a 12 and wish I had for the pro max but mine does not need upgrading yet
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I’m waiting to after my holiday to upgrade…need the money for my holiday.
Old 7 Jul 22, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Does this tempt?

giffgaff/mobile-phon...ivized-handset
Old 8 Jul 22, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Have you thought about getting Apple to replace the battery, way cheaper than a new phone.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List