Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Jul 22, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

It's an interesting challenge, thanks for posting.

Some of the meals look really nice, decent variation and not just 'beige stuff'.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
Are you hoping to lose 20lb in one month?

I'm only asking as it may give me some hope that it's possible! 🙂
Yeah I weighed myself this morning - Im 8 pounds down.
This 20 pounds is not long term weight gain. Most of it gained over the last few months - so that sort of weigh for me vanishes fast if I am totally strict and exercise.

The last 7 pounds is going to be a killer as thats been hanging around for 3-4 years and Iím determined to lose it this time lol

2022 = THE YEAR OF THE HOLIDAY

Jan- Phoenix, Cruise, WDW, Feb - Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Phoenix. March - Butlins 60ís. April -Skegness 60ís, Benidorm. May - Italy, Med Cruise. June - Butlins, Benidorm, WDW July - WDW, cruise, Miami. Aug Benidorm, Italy, Greece cruise Sep - Benidorm, music weekend x2 Oct - Cruise, Key West, HHN, WDW. Nov Paris, DLP, Benidorm Dec - Transatlantic cruise to New York, Benidorm
Stitchesmumanddad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

So tonightís meal was the Smokehouse in America in Epcot. I know on here this place gets bad press but I really havenít had a bad meal. I ordered the childrens rib meal with beans with burnt bits ( their name ) and onion rings which came with a bottle of water. An insane amount of food for a child for just $9 ! I got a cup of water for the meal.

The beans actually had tasty bits of pork in them. I managed the beans and one rib (you get 2 )
I put the onion rings and the rib in my bag ( and bottle of water ) These lasted me into the evening. The whole lot took 3 hours to eat and was delicious. I think so far this is the bargain of the holiday.

Food today was the turkey sandwich et al for $8 and this meal $9 - all drinks came with meal or refillable mug

In these cost of living crisis times, this gastric sleeve is the gift that keeps on giving !

Im getting this meal again ! Lol

Jan- Phoenix, Cruise, WDW, Feb - Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Phoenix. March - Butlins 60ís. April -Skegness 60ís, Benidorm. May - Italy, Med Cruise. June - Butlins, Benidorm, WDW July - WDW, cruise, Miami. Aug Benidorm, Italy, Greece cruise Sep - Benidorm, music weekend x2 Oct - Cruise, Key West, HHN, WDW. Nov Paris, DLP, Benidorm Dec - Transatlantic cruise to New York, Benidorm
Stitchesmumanddad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 03:51 AM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Iím here at the moment & today had the charcuterie & cheese plate at Baseline Tap House at Hollywood Studios - it was lovely & a bargain at $10 compared to other counter service offerings.
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
During our recent trip May/June, we often ate kids meals for lunch in the parks.
Our fav was the grilled cheese sandwich combo. I had milk & a tangerine with mine.
All the meals were generous sizes & more than enough for us.
Def going to try the rib meal next time. Thx for the tip.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thepricefamily View Post
Iím here at the moment & today had the charcuterie & cheese plate at Baseline Tap House at Hollywood Studios - it was lovely & a bargain at $10 compared to other counter service offerings.
That looks lovely ! I fancy that tomorrow with a glass of red wine cheers

Old 6 Jul 22, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
Imagineer

Thanks for posting these kids meals- I donít eat much so was debating whether to get a kids meal in the parks but was worried they would be too bland, these look pretty decent, good luck with your challenge
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Today was Animal Kingdom
I read through the menus before I left and noted that today I ďreallyĒ needed ribs and chicken combo - adult meal just shy of $16 with tax.
I prepped my refillable mug with a load of ice before I left the beach club to create a cold flask. I ate half the meal in the park Ö. Actually probs about 40% and literally stuffed the rest in a bag ( thank you Gatwick security ) and shoved it in the refill mug. I had a cup of water with my meal.

Its now in my fridge for later - yummy

I may ďneedĒ the turkey sandwich this evening if Im really hungry for $6 but hopefully my days food amounted to just $16

The platter

60% in a bag lol

Old 6 Jul 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

The meals look fab. Have Disney been ok with you ordering a child meal?
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
The meals look fab. Have Disney been ok with you ordering a child meal?
When its quick service they neither know Ive got a child wining for their dinner or neither care lol