Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Jul 22, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Pier 8 - Dockside

We’d thought about going here for dinner but when we were earlier we thought Red Lobster might be a good shout but it was a 45-50 minute for a table, I knew that by the time I got food I’d be flagging so we quickly headed to Walgreens for some snacks then back to Dockside.

Everywhere was pretty busy but all the staff were lovely.

Dh had chicken and waffles. Wouldn’t have been my choices, more breakfasty. He liked them. Not amazing but ok. He did like the side of Mac and cheese with it though. See carb overload, probably why he’s still asleep and I’m wide awake 😂

Ds had a turkey club croissant, I don’t think that’s what he meant to order but he really liked it, it was huge, fresh and he also had the sweet potatoe fries from mine.

I had a cheddar bacon burger, I asked for it in lettuce rather than a bun, I think I confused them but they were really happy to do it. The burger was actually delicious, really chunky with mountains of lettuce…there is a burger in there somewhere. 😂

We bought a refillable mug and asked for length of stay. The guy in the till said they can only activate it for 7 days then it’s a couple of dollars to add on an extra day. He was lovely, it’s activated for 7 days but he only charged us for 4.

Also got annual pass discount.

The food court seems good, lots of interesting things, not a lot low carb but salad, good to know they wrap your burger and they had a salmon with green beans and cous cous that looked nice. They also have some low carb alcohol options, white claw. Great choices for the carb eaters though pizza, pasta, burgers, sandwiches, salmon bagels. bakery…

There was a guy doing live music in the bar area and we listened to that while eating our tea. All very nice.

Walgreens snacks. Don’t judge me on the sugar free chocolate - we all need a treat 😂

Starbucks opens in 40 minutes might be their first customer.
Old 4 Jul 22, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Woo hoo! Can’t believe it is holiday time already, I have obviously missed the cancelled flight drama but so pleased you got sorted and on the Aer Lingus flight-it is definitely our most favourite indirect way to travel over to the USA. I wish I was in Universal now….I have finally sent the passports off so who knows perhaps a sneaky October week might happen although realistically it will probably be next summer now due to it being GCSE year!
Looking forward to reading along, have a nice drink for me in Portofino please
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great travel day (especially as your pre-travel day was so stressful). Breakfast looked tasty (hopefully yours filled you up), the boys ate here prior to their last flight and said it was pretty good. That’s so good that you were able to customise your dinner and the boys are definitely carb loading! You are off to a fantastic start! 💖
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Can’t believe your flights stress (we are via Heathrow in August) looking forward to your report.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Great start! Will be keeping a note of your low carb choices as I’m still plodding along with mine ..
Have a great time!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Following along. Glad you got your flights sorted.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

It all looks lovely in the eating area. When I saw the first photo of fried chicken and waffles I thought you’d fallen off the wagon before realising it was DH’s
Old 4 Jul 22, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Glad you got the flight sorted, I’m so paranoid about BA cancelling connecting flights, and also losing luggage, at the mo! Enjoy your holiday.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Starbucks - first breakfast

Up at the crack of dawn this morning, actually before that so we were down at Starbucks at 6.10am.

Cappuccino with almond milk and sugar free vanilla syrup for me. Chocolate pastry for Dh and cinnamon coffee cake for Ds. All good, took ages though.

$12 with annual pass discount.

I had some of a protein bar, not been to Walmart yet for healthy breakfast options.
Old 4 Jul 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Yay a Rescuer food report! Hope you’re having a great time.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List