Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Just catching up. Have a fantastic holiday, looking forward to reading along 😄
Old 4 Jul 22, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Wow, it will be interesting to see your options.
I admire your strength, I live for carbs
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Dockside food court - second breakfast

After early entry (Hagrids and Velocicoaster) we got back just in time to fit in breakfast.

Breakfast flatbreads for Ds and Dh. They liked them.

I had sides of bacon and sausage. Perfect for me!

Annual pass discount again. Good value.
Old 4 Jul 22, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks like a good start! Will you be able to have a bit of a drink while you're out there? What sorts of cocktails can you have with low carb? Anything catch your interest round Universal?
Old 5 Jul 22, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Woo hoo! Can’t believe it is holiday time already, I have obviously missed the cancelled flight drama but so pleased you got sorted and on the Aer Lingus flight-it is definitely our most favourite indirect way to travel over to the USA. I wish I was in Universal now….I have finally sent the passports off so who knows perhaps a sneaky October week might happen although realistically it will probably be next summer now due to it being GCSE year!
Looking forward to reading along, have a nice drink for me in Portofino please
Ooh October, you could meet me for a pre hhn wine 😂. Ds has his exams this year too but I think it’s January and May for those.
I’ll absolutely have a wee Pinot and a cheese plate for you at the Thirsty Fish, Ds and Dh are off to the Chelsea arsenal game later in the trip and that’s my evening plan.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a great travel day (especially as your pre-travel day was so stressful). Breakfast looked tasty (hopefully yours filled you up), the boys ate here prior to their last flight and said it was pretty good. That’s so good that you were able to customise your dinner and the boys are definitely carb loading! You are off to a fantastic start! 💖
Thank you and for thanks for your offer on Saturday, it was lovely to have options. It’s been a great start. Wait till you see todays food plates from the 2 of them 😂

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Can’t believe your flights stress (we are via Heathrow in August) looking forward to your report.
Thanks. I think it’s internal flights that are the big issue with BA just now, I’m sure your flights will be ok.
Old 5 Jul 22, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Great start! Will be keeping a note of your low carb choices as I’m still plodding along with mine ..
Have a great time!
You can have my massive lists if they are helpful. I’ll try to provide you with varied choices as I go, no full Caesar salads yet 😂

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Following along. Glad you got your flights sorted.
Thanks, not the best way to start but glad we still managed to get here yesterday.

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
It all looks lovely in the eating area. When I saw the first photo of fried chicken and waffles I thought you’d fallen off the wagon before realising it was DH’s
😂if I’m going to fall it will be for something more spectacular than those waffles 😂😂

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
Glad you got the flight sorted, I’m so paranoid about BA cancelling connecting flights, and also losing luggage, at the mo! Enjoy your holiday.
Thanks. Have you got a trip booked with them. I couldn’t settle at all ahead of the trip, I will say though I couldn’t fault the woman who got us sorted with an alternative though.

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Yay a Rescuer food report! Hope you’re having a great time.
Aww thanks. It’s great to be back.
Old 5 Jul 22, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Just catching up. Have a fantastic holiday, looking forward to reading along 😄
Thank you. Currently chilling by the pool loving life ❤️

Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
Wow, it will be interesting to see your options.
I admire your strength, I live for carbs
It’s a challenge at times but not too bad when you get used to it. I never thought I’d ever give up carbs.

Originally Posted by sunshines View Post
Looks like a good start! Will you be able to have a bit of a drink while you're out there? What sorts of cocktails can you have with low carb? Anything catch your interest round Universal?
Yes. We don’t think there’s much in the way of cocktails as the syrups and fruit juices aren’t great but I’ll have wine, corona light and those seltzer things are nice with a few flavours to try. I always look at the cocktail menu though 😢
Old 5 Jul 22, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We don’t think there’s much in the way of cocktails as the syrups and fruit juices aren’t great but I’ll have wine, corona light and those seltzer things are nice with a few flavours to try. I always look at the cocktail menu though 😢
Dh has been trying to be lower carb to improve his health (Hashimoto's). He's been so good with leaving out the breads, but those cocktails will be his downfall in October. He likes a red wine but will usually go for a vodka with juice if he gets a chance. I thought I'd watch your trip report for options that might help him say no to the cocktails. He's generally not a beer drinker. If you see something on a menu would you give us a shout?
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I was really surprised how much I liked Keto and how little I missed the carbs and quite miss it now I can’t follow Keto for medical reasons.
Restricting meat and especially red meat is no fun at all
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Great start. How was your early entry experience?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List