Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 Jul 22, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Longhorns

Spent the afternoon at the outlets then walked over to Longhorns.

I had a voucher for a free appetiser. They ordered the Wild West Shrimp. It was huge. Ds and Dh loved it. I tasted one and they were very nice.

Ds and Dh also had some of the bread.

Ds proclaimed he was starving and ordered the Baby Back ribs, the full rack again, at least it came with Caesar salad and broccoli. Are the lot and loved it.

Dh tried to restrain himself from over ordering so went for the Parmesan chicken just the smaller one and then paired it with a sweet potato with cinnamon sugar 🤮. He really enjoyed his meal.

I have to admit I was starving so went for the steak and shrimp combo and upgraded my side to asparagus. My meal was really good. I hadn’t realised it came with rice so I just took that off the plate so I wouldn’t be tempted, my plate did look prettier with it on.

Service was good and I didn’t think it was too pricey considering what we had as there was loads of good quality food.

Snacks - Universal

Earlier Ds and Dh shared a butter beer, I was very tempted to have a sip but thought better of it and had a water instead 😂
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Longhorns

Spent the afternoon at the outlets then walked over to Longhorns.

I had a voucher for a free appetiser. They ordered the Wild West Shrimp. It was huge. Ds and Dh loved it. I tasted one and they were very nice.

Ds and Dh also had some of the bread.

Ds proclaimed he was starving and ordered the Baby Back ribs, the full rack again, at least it came with Caesar salad and broccoli. Are the lot and loved it.

Dh tried to restrain himself from over ordering so went for the Parmesan chicken just the smaller one and then paired it with a sweet potato with cinnamon sugar 🤮. He really enjoyed his meal.

I have to admit I was starving so went for the steak and shrimp combo and upgraded my side to asparagus. My meal was really good. I hadn’t realised it came with rice so I just took that off the plate so I wouldn’t be tempted, my plate did look prettier with it on.

Service was good and I didn’t think it was too pricey considering what we had as there was loads of good quality food.

Snacks - Universal

Earlier Ds and Dh shared a butter beer, I was very tempted to have a sip but thought better of it and had a water instead 😂
Longhorns looks so good! My mouth is watering!
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Dockside - second dinner

We’d talked about going to NBC later but with a fairly full day and a fairly late lunch/ early tea that was shelved in favour of something more relaxing at the resort.

After a swim we picked up some food at Pier 8.

Ds and Dh were stuffed after Longhorns do shared a single pepperoni pizza, they said it was really nice.

I didn’t know what to have, I was between a chicken Caesar salad. Grilled salmon and green beans and the burger with lettuce again. Sorry I reordered the burger as I’d really enjoyed it.

Dh had a beer and I had a hard seltzer, it was really nice and tasted exactly like strawberry lemonade but with only 2g of carbs.

Again not to bad in price with annual pass discount.
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Perfect background in the picture of the butterbeer and gilly water!

The shrimp looks great in longhorn and I’m impressed with the food court offerings so far.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Really enjoying your report so far. You definitely deserve a lovely holiday after the stressful start! The photo of you relaxing by the pool makes me so look forward to our holiday.
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

All looks wonderful. Thanks for taking the time to post- I love reading reports.
I’m also trying to low carb - this is all so helpful.
Hope you got some nice things at the outlets.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by sunshines View Post
Dh has been trying to be lower carb to improve his health (Hashimoto's). He's been so good with leaving out the breads, but those cocktails will be his downfall in October. He likes a red wine but will usually go for a vodka with juice if he gets a chance. I thought I'd watch your trip report for options that might help him say no to the cocktails. He's generally not a beer drinker. If you see something on a menu would you give us a shout?
What a shame, it’s hard when there are things you really like that are not so good. Red wine is fine. The truly seltzer I had last night was really nice - strawberry lemonade and has he tried white claw?
I’ve bought some sparkling ice which is zero carb a pineapple and coconut one and blackberry one, seemingly these with ice and heavy cream are amazing. Could he order vodka and ice and top it up with one of those? They have loads of flavours I believe. I’ll be making myself a wee virgin pina colada with one of these later so I will report back.

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Great start. How was your early entry experience?
It was great. We caught the bus from dockside at 7.10. No line at security and we’re in minutes after the gates opened. I was worried about the security hub as we are so used to walking. 4th July as well!

Velocicoaster was delayed so we did Hagrids, some issues but we were off by 9.20am, then we rode Velocicoaster with a 40 minute wait.

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I was really surprised how much I liked Keto and how little I missed the carbs and quite miss it now I can’t follow Keto for medical reasons.
Restricting meat and especially red meat is no fun at all
It’s hard when you are restricted already. I don’t eat much red meat at home, more chicken, fish and seafood. Although I’ve gone to town on the red meat here a little.

Edited at 03:03 PM.
Rescuer is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Love a trip to Longhorns- your meal looks fantastic and I can’t believe your DS polished off a full rack of ribs - he really is a teenager now! That strawberry lemonade sounds delicious, good to see that there are low carb alternatives and that you too can relax by the pool with a drink! 🍹🎉🤩 xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Longhorns looks lush. I was going to request the boys had a butterbeer for me but I knew I would see one pretty quickly!
I’m looking forward to that glass of wine when they go to watch the football😊
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have literally just read from the start !
Your food as looked great 👍🏻 and there are no wrong choices when it comes to a snacks haul
Looking forward and eagerly awaiting more now !
Xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List