Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Jul 22, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile Restaurant with TVs near the Boardwalk?

Looking for somewhere ideally on-site, near the boardwalk area, that will be showing the football World Cup… specifically the England vs USA game on 25th November.

This is our last full day in the parks and we’re planning to do the 4 park challenge with a mid day break to watch the game.

At the moment I have pencilled in Cityworks in Disney Springs which looks great but it would obviously require us to get to and from Disney Springs which would take extra time out of our day, so I’m wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that may be showing it closer to Epcot/Hollywood Studios? Happy with anywhere on the Boardwalk (I know ESPN has now closed) or nearby resorts.

I just can’t think of anywhere!
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Looking for somewhere ideally on-site, near the boardwalk area, that will be showing the football World Cup… specifically the England vs USA game on 25th November.

This is our last full day in the parks and we’re planning to do the 4 park challenge with a mid day break to watch the game.

At the moment I have pencilled in Cityworks in Disney Springs which looks great but it would obviously require us to get to and from Disney Springs which would take extra time out of our day, so I’m wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that may be showing it closer to Epcot/Hollywood Studios? Happy with anywhere on the Boardwalk (I know ESPN has now closed) or nearby resorts.

I just can’t think of anywhere!
Maybe worth a call or email to check with Big River Grille & Brewing?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Is it the Crew Cup Lounge to the left of The Yachtsman?
Try there.
We were sent to have a drink there while we waited for our table and they had some kind of game on and there were a few big screens

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973

Edited at 05:43 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Great suggestions!

Loved the idea of crew cup lounge and the tvs look good but just noticed it doesn’t open until 4pm, the match is at 2pm
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Might be worth asking Crew's Cup and Phin's in The Dolphin if they've any plans to open early for the game.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Might be worth asking Crew's Cup and Phin's in The Dolphin if they've any plans to open early for the game.
Sent both an email.
Old 4 Jul 22, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

if you find anywhere let us know as we are having the same dilemma- we want to catch Festival of The Holidays opening day which is the same day as the match so need somewhere near Epcot to watch it. I read that Martha's Vineyard at Beach Club sometimes shows sports games

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
if you find anywhere let us know as we are having the same dilemma- we want to catch Festival of The Holidays opening day which is the same day as the match so need somewhere near Epcot to watch it. I read that Martha's Vineyard at Beach Club sometimes shows sports games
We also want to catch festival of the holidays opening day before we go home!

I’ll let you know if I get a reply from Phins or Crew Cup lounge. Martha’s Vineyard also appear to have TVs but again don’t usually open until 4pm!
Old 4 Jul 22, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
We also want to catch festival of the holidays opening day before we go home!

I’ll let you know if I get a reply from Phins or Crew Cup lounge. Martha’s Vineyard also appear to have TVs but again don’t usually open until 4pm!
Great thank you- I will drop Big River an email too. We are there for the Iran game too, i'm hoping there is an English pub somewhere as I can't see anywhere opening up at 8am to show it

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Great thank you- I will drop Big River an email too. We are there for the Iran game too, i'm hoping there is an English pub somewhere as I can't see anywhere opening up at 8am to show it
We’re there for the Iran game too! I think Rix at CSR will show it and I believe they open for breakfast… we had this originally in our plans (staying at CSR anyway) but decided to just go with the flow on that day as to if we do/don’t watch it. Definitely want to see the USA game while in the USA though!