Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jul 22, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
BA cabin bag allowance

Looking at flights for next year. Will still probably go with Virgin but have also checked out BA as well.

I notice on their website that BA have a cabin bag allowance of 23kg which is the same as hold baggage weight.

Has anyone actually boarded a BA flight with a cabin bag weighing close to 23kg and if so where did you store it, not overhead surely?
Old 3 Jul 22, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
richie
Trading Disney Pins

Yes it's 23kg, as long as you are able to lift it into the overhead its fine. You also get a laptop bag or handbag as standard.
richie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Its actually 46kg, as your smaller bag you place under the seat in front can also be 23kg . I like my moneys worth, so always add lead weights to get to the limit .
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Don't fancy 23kg landing on my head during a lively take off!
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Indy_UK

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
Its actually 46kg, as your smaller bag you place under the seat in front can also be 23kg . I like my moneys worth, so always add lead weights to get to the limit .
Am I missing something? It’s one piece of hand luggage and one suitcase for hold?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moles Family View Post
Am I missing something? It’s one piece of hand luggage and one suitcase for hold?
Yeah you are. The cabin allowance is one normal sized hand luggage and a handbag sized piece that should fit under the seat in front of you.

Edit- official blurb:

All flights
Adults, young adults and children
1 handbag/laptop bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 40 x 30 x 15cm / 16 x 12 x 6in)
plus
1 additional cabin bag (max. 23kg / 51lb and up to 56 x 45 x 25cm / 22 x 18 x 10in)

Edited at 08:12 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
wreckitralph15
Getting Excited

I am taking full advantage of this. Over the weekend we have been and bought 4 cabin sized suitcases. In those suitcases I packed ALL the clothes we need for our 4 week trip.

The thought of having missing bags was tipping me over the edge!

The hold bags will be more or less empty.

So, if anyone is travelling Manchester-Gatwick-Gatwick- Tampa in 18 days and see a family of 4 with the full amount of carry on luggage, I am unashamedly holding both hands up and saying... It's us!
wreckitralph15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wreckitralph15 View Post
I am taking full advantage of this. Over the weekend we have been and bought 4 cabin sized suitcases. In those suitcases I packed ALL the clothes we need for our 4 week trip.

The thought of having missing bags was tipping me over the edge!

The hold bags will be more or less empty.

So, if anyone is travelling Manchester-Gatwick-Gatwick- Tampa in 18 days and see a family of 4 with the full amount of carry on luggage, I am unashamedly holding both hands up and saying... It's us!
We did the same pre covid when we had booked our first ever indirect flights. London/Chicago/Memphis/New Orleans/London.. I was convinced we'd arrive in Memphis and our bags would be in Mumbai! We bought the biggest acceptable size bags as per the BA website and packed everything needed for 3 days in Memphis, a Mississippi river cruise and 5 days in New Orleans. I'm the worlds worst over packer but have to say it worked a treat. We're thinking about using them again when we fly to LA in August if this airport chaos is still ongoing.
Sue
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i would like to see someone get 23Kg under the seat or even lift it into the bins above the seats
Old 4 Jul 22, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
i would like to see someone get 23Kg under the seat or even lift it into the bins above the seats
That's why I asked the question. No proper replies yet!