Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 3 Jul 22, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

7 people + luggage in Fullsize SUV?

Hi All,

We have a full size SUV booked for our 3 weeks in October. When we collect it at MCO its just the 2 of us but the next day we will be going back to MCO to collect our family from Ireland, at which point there will be 4 adults, 3 kids and probably 4 large cases to get back to the villa.

The SUV we have had last 2 trips (Chevvy Tahoe) was great but the trunk was tiny with the 3rd row seats up and wouldnt have got large cases in.

Am i right in thinking some full size SUVs have a large trunk that will take multiple full size cases with the rear seats up so just need to hope we can choose one on arrival. Or will we still need an uber for a couple of us at least?

TIA
2003 - Hilton Garden Inn I-Drive
2010 - Staybridge Suites LBV
2012 - Beach Club
2017 - Old Key West
2019 - Old Key West/Hard Rock Hotel
2022 - Reunion/BC/AKL/Hard Rock Hotel!
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
casper_gutman
Helping Minnie

I think most would struggle to take a lot of luggage with all seven seats up.

Could just one driver go on the day 2 airport run? You'd be okay for general days out etc the rest of the holiday.

If you all need to get to the airport at the end then maybe one or two people could take an Uber or similar for that last trip? It'd surely be cheaper than a second car.
casper_gutman is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by casper_gutman View Post
I think most would struggle to take a lot of luggage with all seven seats up.

Could just one driver go on the day 2 airport run? You'd be okay for general days out etc the rest of the holiday.

If you all need to get to the airport at the end then maybe one or two people could take an Uber or similar for that last trip? It'd surely be cheaper than a second car.
Agree with this. You will struggle with 7 people and 4 cases - as you say with the 3rd row up there ain’t a lot of space for luggage - probably 3 cases max.

As suggested. If you can have 1 driver pick up and/or split the party with some going in an Uber/Lyft.

You might be lucky and get a 7 seater (well 8) that’s 2-3-3 - which would give you a little more flexibility - but still not enough to take 7 people plus luggage.
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

We’ve managed on previous trips with 7 in a Tahoe and cases.
It’s a squeeze but doable.
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Thanks all, me going by myself is an option that frees up a seat for cases, but was hoping Leigh could come with me as 2nd pair of eyes, but looks like the short stay parking isnt too bad $ wise so it wont be any different to dropping a car off really.
2003 - Hilton Garden Inn I-Drive
2010 - Staybridge Suites LBV
2012 - Beach Club
2017 - Old Key West
2019 - Old Key West/Hard Rock Hotel
2022 - Reunion/BC/AKL/Hard Rock Hotel!
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ScottUTAH
Excited about Disney

We had a 7 seater SUV with 6 of us and fitting all luggage in, including a pushchair. Although we have to slide a suitcase in the middle and our eldest just sat on that till we got to the hotel.
Depends on how good you are with Tetris lol
ScottUTAH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Seaworldfan View Post
Hi All,

We have a full size SUV booked for our 3 weeks in October. When we collect it at MCO its just the 2 of us but the next day we will be going back to MCO to collect our family from Ireland, at which point there will be 4 adults, 3 kids and probably 4 large cases to get back to the villa.

The SUV we have had last 2 trips (Chevvy Tahoe) was great but the trunk was tiny with the 3rd row seats up and wouldnt have got large cases in.

Am i right in thinking some full size SUVs have a large trunk that will take multiple full size cases with the rear seats up so just need to hope we can choose one on arrival. Or will we still need an uber for a couple of us at least?

TIA
In short mo not really. Most of the full size also come in longer wheelbase formats but they are generally classed as premium suv's. So tahoe is short wheel base and suburban is the same vehicle with a longer wheelbase.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
priceclan
Getting Excited

Looking at the Tahoe for next year too. Would we get 6 suitcases in it if the single rear seat was folded ( we are a party of six adults) or put a number of suitcases on the unoccupied single rear seat. Any ideas welcome. We are trying to get a suburban but are quite scarce.
priceclan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by priceclan View Post
Looking at the Tahoe for next year too. Would we get 6 suitcases in it if the single rear seat was folded ( we are a party of six adults) or put a number of suitcases on the unoccupied single rear seat. Any ideas welcome. We are trying to get a suburban but are quite scarce.
Probably - but will depend exactly how big the 6 cases are and how stackable.

I’ve got a Tahoe (or similar) booked for this year for 5 passengers and 5 cases - then On way back we will also have 5 hand luggage bags
(Of the max size TUI allow) I think that will be a squeeze but doable.

I will report back and check sizes for you, but will be a couple of weeks.
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
priceclan
Getting Excited

Cheers
priceclan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List