Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jul 22, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Biscaya
Excited about Disney

Android phone recommendations

Looking for a new mobile for my DD. Ideally under £300 with good camera and audio. Also, and this maybe the tricky bit she doesn't want a big screen, less than 6.5 inches if possible.
Any suggestions please 😀
Biscaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

DS and DH have the Pixel. They love it.

DS is in his second (due to upgrade not fault).

Seems smaller than my Nokia or my works Samsung but not sure on the size.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The Moto g range is pretty good
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

One suggestion in terms of price is Music Magpie for good condition refurbished phones. For instance a "very good" Samsung S20 is available with a 10% discount for under £300. The other conditions are good and pristine, but I've always found very good is good enough. The screen is 6.2" so not sure if this is too big, but there are lots of other options on the site.

By the way we are all with Voxi, who have some really good no contact deals e.g. £10 a month for 30GB and free calls/ texts.

Edited at 03:09 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Last month I got a oneplus nord ce2 5G. £299 and 6.4 inch screen so at the top end for what you’re looking for. Tbh I’d have preferred something a little smaller but it was only an increase of 1cm in height from my previous phone.(huawei p10 light) But it’s a great phone. Photo and video quality is amazing, screen great, fast and responsive and at 65w unbelievably fast charging. If you’re going out and realise that you’ve only 20% battery life stick it on for 10mins and it’ll be full, and that will last a couple of days unless you’re a heavy user.
Edit to add that they also come with a pre fitted screen protector and a silicone cover. More than happy with mine.

Edited at 03:18 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

pixel fan here... ive got the 6 pro, but look at the 5a (or even the 4a 5g) as the 6a is due fairly soon (allegedly) so you can probably get some decent offers on the older models

also, look at what nokias are available in your price range, they do some very nice kit for the money!

Edited at 04:32 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Phones Direct have a good offer on the Samsung S20 FE at the moment, got one for my Dad when I was home in the UK last month, its over your quoted price but it's a lot of phone for the price and well worth a look if you can stretch, I was even debating getting one myself but my Note9 is still kicking for now.

Edited at 05:12 PM.
Do5-BaG is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I think the moto ones represent fantastic value
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’m sick of overpaying for a phone so went for the Redmi note, unlocked from Amazon. Does everything I need it to do , has great battery life and an excellent camera all for (on a Black Friday deal) less than £140 on Amazon.
Deals often show up on HDUK .
My 8gb SIM is £5 a month with unused data rolled for three years.
Very happy with my choice.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I’m sick of overpaying for a phone so went for the Redmi note, unlocked from Amazon. Does everything I need it to do , has great battery life and an excellent camera all for (on a Black Friday deal) less than £140 on Amazon.
Deals often show up on HDUK .
My 8gb SIM is £5 a month with unused data rolled for three years.
Very happy with my choice.
have got a redmi note 10 5g, and for the money, it has a very impressive spec. my gf has been using it the last couple of weeks while she sent her pixel 4a 5g off for a new screen.

i used it for a few months prior to getting my pixel 6 pro, and apart from a few UI niggles and the AI mode on the camera making everything look airbrushed, i couldnt fault it. in the end though, the camera wasnt really even as good as my old pixel 2, so i stumped up for the pixel 6 pro with its 4x optical zoom, and insane night mode capabilities.

but yeah, for £120ish, it was an amazing bit of kit...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List