Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jul 22, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_Dreamin
Being a bit Goofy

Another flight change, fed up, what are my options?

We’ve booked with Netflights for flights plus hotel, going in 6 weeks and just checked the United app and there’s yet another flight change. I’ve now got really short connections in both directions, 1h40 in Washington on outbound and 50 mins in Houston on return, I wouldn’t have booked either of these and Netflights have not notified me of any of the changes, my outbound has changed several times, I paid extra for decent flights and this is not what I’ve ended up with.
Just tried to call Netflights but they’re closed till tomorrow, do I have any options or do I just have to accept it?
I guess I’m just feeling fed up as I wouldn’t have booked these flights and they were definitely cheaper at the time so feeling like I’ve been ripped off 😬
Always_Dreamin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Unfortunately it’s the main issue with booking indirects in the USA and then through a third party too.
You can most certainly ask for better flight times but unfortunately you can’t resolve it with one phonecall. Look at what your preferred options are and then call netflights armed with the info.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_Dreamin
Being a bit Goofy

Thank you, will have a search tonight, we’ve always flown indirect but this time seems to be changing every week and never in our favour 😬
Always_Dreamin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Us airlines are cancelling as frequently, infact probably more frequently as UK airlines. Lots of on the day cancellations and consolidations. Just be prepared.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_Dreamin
Being a bit Goofy

Oh no really, I always find the flight the most stressful bit, so have a tendency to think of worst case scenario and the thought of missing a connection panics me, I need to chill!
Old 4 Jul 22, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Always_Dreamin View Post
Oh no really, I always find the flight the most stressful bit, so have a tendency to think of worst case scenario and the thought of missing a connection panics me, I need to chill!
The good thing is if you miss it there will be another one along soon after
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Always_Dreamin
Being a bit Goofy

Does anyone know if it makes a difference if my original flight was cancelled and I’ve been rebooked on to a different flight? Just want to be armed with the information when I ring as I’ve seen a flight I’d rather be switched to? Booked with Netflights but flights are United so assume EU regs don’t apply
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_Dreamin
Being a bit Goofy

Just to update, rang Netflights today, was on hold for an hour but got through to a lovely lady who swapped me to another flight better suited to us and I can already see it updated on the United app 👍