Notices

Old 4 Jul 22, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

The Irony

How's this for irony. We go over 2 years without catching covid, being in close contact many times. Even attended a family gathering last year where everyone in our section went down with covid. But for us, we tested negative everytime.

Last week I finally decide to go get my vaccination for Florida later in the year and guess what I catch covid a few days later and have been feeling so rough.

Added insult, everyone in my office has gone down with it as well, all from the same person who came in sick. Just one person didn't catch it. The unvaccinated person. Makes you wander if there is a new strain again and what's different about this one. It is obviously super infectious and most didn't have a cough or loose taste etc. It's more a high fever.
But the vaccination made no difference to the people I work with, all saying they feel worst than ever and anyone who has had it before has said this time was far worst.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 11:03 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Yes there is a new strain and yes it is very infectious.

This cannot continue. COVID will kill us all unless we all start taking it seriously.

I hope you feel better soon!
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AnnieB View Post

This cannot continue. COVID will kill us all unless we all start taking it seriously.

What do you think we should all be doing to take it seriously?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

It wonít kill us all. Each time it evolves it becomes less dangerous. A virus doesnít want to kill its host or it kills itself. But excess deaths are rising in the UK, just not by covid.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
What do you think we should all be doing to take it seriously?
Wear masks in busy indoor areas. Demand that the government pass laws to ensure companies clean indoor air with filters.

We could beat this dangerous virus, but most people seem willing to be infected over and over again.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
It wonít kill us all. Each time it evolves it becomes less dangerous. A virus doesnít want to kill its host or it kills itself. But excess deaths are rising in the UK, just not by covid.
This is incorrect. Each reinfection increase multiple risks.

Check out Figure 5 in this report.

researchsquare/article/rs-1749502/v1
Old 7 Jul 22, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

This is incorrect. Each reinfection increase multiple risks.

Check out Figure 5 in this report.

researchsquare/article/rs-1749502/v1
They excluded 300,000 that died after contracting it first time. Ok, it prevented them getting reinfected but surely that skews their results somewhat. Donít see an age range either but it was all veterans from the forces so maybe includes some older people who wouldnít have survived the flu either.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
How's this for irony. We go over 2 years without catching covid, being in close contact many times. Even attended a family gathering last year where everyone in our section went down with covid. But for us, we tested negative everytime.

Last week I finally decide to go get my vaccination for Florida later in the year and guess what I catch covid a few days later and have been feeling so rough.

Added insult, everyone in my office has gone down with it as well, all from the same person who came in sick. Just one person didn't catch it. The unvaccinated person. Makes you wander if there is a new strain again and what's different about this one. It is obviously super infectious and most didn't have a cough or loose taste etc. It's more a high fever.
But the vaccination made no difference to the people I work with, all saying they feel worst than ever and anyone who has had it before has said this time was far worst.
Hope your feeling better soon

Not sure if there is more than 1 new strain as it seems to being go 2 ways people feeling worse than before or virtually no symptoms other than mild cold ones mostly runny nose.

It does seem to be super infectious Dds bf was meant to go to a different branch this week but got told not too as pretty much the whole staff had tested positive (the company provided tests as they have some more at risk staff members )- only one person actually had the usual Covid symptoms the rest had none or bit of the sniffles nothing that would stop you going about your normal day and they would never have tested/known otherwise
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

People I know of that have died from Covid - 0

People I know of that have died or are terminally ill as they couldn't get to see a Dr in time due to Covid restrictions - 4

It's a sad world we live in when people are dying because the Dr's won't see patients and when they do get to see the Dr they are told they are too late.

Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadot
Excited about Disney

Total nonsense, seriously 😂 this isnít the first time youíve done this the end of the world is nigh spiel

Now starting to think youíre just on a wind up actually lol

Edited at 08:09 AM.
Floridadot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List