Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Jul 22, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I think it was a reasonable observation. I’m not a smoker but I’m not horrified by others that do it. I guess we all have things we enjoy, mine is wine.

I think it’s reasonable for Disney to have a dedicated area personally. I also think drinking alcohol should be confined to designated areas.
Likewise, not a smoker (never even one), but respect the right of others, as long as it remains legal.

One of the biggest advantages of restricting smoking within pubs, clubs, bars etc was that my body and my clothing did not smell like an old ashtray next morning. In short, it was a great idea, that catered for the many, rather than the few.. and I have not even mentioned the dangers of passive smoking.

I believe that there should be thought to designated smoking areas and away from the main stream of park attendees. With the imagination and resources available to Disney, Universal and others, this should not be too difficult.
I do not want to inhale either Cigarette Smoke or Vape gasses myself whilst out and about myself and do not think this unreasonable.

As with Mark, my poison is Wine (or Gin) and again like Mark, I would confine the consumption of Alcohol to designated areas.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Butts1 View Post
The reaction it is trying to provoke is to ask that is it unreasonable to provide an area for smokers that has to be consciously entered and is secluded enough not to detract from other guests enjoyment.

To me this does not seem to much to ask for ?
Yes I think it is “too much to ask for”. It’s not a natural born right to be a smoker. It’s an anti-social habit that impacts on those around you.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Butts1;15524517]
Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
Well yes clearly I'm a non smoker and yes I don't feel bad wanting fresh, clean air around me.

I'm not completely heartless though and in all honesty I'd probably be fine with a designated area as long as it's well away from the main thoroughfares.

Absolutely would not go back to smoking on planes though I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]

Did you used to smoke on planes then ?
Err no. I use the phrase 'would not go back' in the broad sense, like I would not go back to the dark ages! Doesn't mean i was there!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes I think it is “too much to ask for”. It’s not a natural born right to be a smoker. It’s an anti-social habit that impacts on those around you.
But as a non-smoker presumably you would not enter the areas by accident or design if they were well isolated, so how would it impact on you ?
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Butts1 - perhaps you should set out your ideas in a letter to the Disney corporation?
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

At WDW I always stayed in the designated areas in the parks and I've never seen anyone walking around with a cigarette.

Now that it's banned in the parks, it motivates to quit before my trip next year, as there's no way I'd walk all the way back out of the parks. The alternative would be nicotine chewing gums, but they would melt in the heat 🤣

In DLP, I'm not surprised... I'm French and my fellow countrymen are not renowned for following rules. We're not all like that though. 😉

After 24 years living in the UK, that would irritate me as well, even as a smoker. It's just about respect after all.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
But as a non-smoker presumably you would not enter the areas by accident or design if they were well isolated, so how would it impact on you ?
Because smoke travels. How far away do you think is far enough away to avoid me being impacted by your smoke?
And my smoking status is actually irrelevant.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
At WDW I always stayed in the designated areas in the parks and I've never seen anyone walking around with a cigarette.

Now that it's banned in the parks, it motivates to quit before my trip next year, as there's no way I'd walk all the way back out of the parks. The alternative would be nicotine chewing gums, but they would melt in the heat 🤣

In DLP, I'm not surprised... I'm French and my fellow countrymen are not renowned for following rules. We're not all like that though. 😉

After 24 years living in the UK, that would irritate me as well, even as a smoker. It's just about respect after all.
Gitanes or Gauloise Man ?

The alternative is to go to a park where smokers are not ostracised quite so much - ie Universal, Seaworld or Busch.
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Gitanes or Gauloise Man ?

The alternative is to go to a park where smokers are not ostracised quite so much - ie Universal, Seaworld or Busch.
Cutters Choice! Switched to rollies years ago due to the price difference.

Universal potentially for a day but my heart belongs in Disney despite Chapek's reign. No interest in Seaworld or Busch.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Because smoke travels. How far away do you think is far enough away to avoid me being impacted by your smoke?
And my smoking status is actually irrelevant.
Surely you're not an ex-smoker are you, as they tend to be more draconian in their views than people who have never smoked.

I think you are being a little over dramatic in light of the isolation proposals I was suggesting.

Can you traverse a High Street in the UK without much difficulty?