Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Jul 22, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
beaker72
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

beaker72's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 6
Alamo Skip the Counter at MCO

I've seen a few posts from people over the past week or so which seemed to imply that STC isn't a thing any more, despite it still being heavily featured on the Alamo website.

I didn't want to derail other threads so thought I'd start this to ask the question. Can I still skip the counter & go straight to a car in the garage (if I have the barcode)? Or has that changed?

TIA!
beaker72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
This is what the official policy is and info I have gleaned from other posts.

Official Policy:-

1. Only those who have booked directly with Alamo have the option to do skip the counter and proceed straight to the garage.

2. All other bookings through the multifarious 3rd party suppliers have to use the desk or the kiosks by the desks then proceed to the garage and select their own vehicle.

Experiences:-

1. It appears that Virgin Car Hire bookings due to their partnership with Alamo can still do skip the counter albeit I have only seen this mentioned twice. More evidence required before we can be certain.

2. Some on here have ignored the desk/kiosks and gone straight to the garage and got their vehicle as per the historical system. Still early days and no real certainty this will work.

Best information I can find. I will be looking to see what things are like in mid August.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
beaker72

beaker72's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Brilliant! Thank you sir.

I'll be there tomorrow so will check this out and report back. For info, I've booked through Virgin and think I have all the paperwork that will allow me to go straight to the car
beaker72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Im booked via virgin and have done skip counter online, have some sort of barcode and states go straight to garage.
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
beaker72

beaker72's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Im booked via virgin and have done skip counter online, have some sort of barcode and states go straight to garage.
Yeah this is what I have as well, I did it ages ago which is why I was a little concerned when I started seeing people referring to it being "no more" in the past few weeks.

I'm sure it'll all work out OK tomorrow
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamx
Excited about Disney

I booked a package with VH and I have been able to complete online check and have a barcode for skip the counter 👍🏼
DisneyDreamx is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Booked through VH at Xmas, did online check-in, took my piece of paper with bar code and went straight to the garage - no issues at all. Seems like VH might be the only way to avoid the dreaded counter-upsell faff if you haven't booked direct.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

As above. If you’ve been able to print the doc with the barcode you should be good to go straight to garage.
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Even if you can't do STC, you can still avoid the desk by using one of the kiosks in the terminal.
I did this last month as I had booked Alamo thru Holiday Autos.
Type in your confirmation number, driving licence number, swipe your CC, tick a couple of boxes and it's job done.
Prints off your agreement and then off to the garage.
Took less than 5mins.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

We've booked through Andy at DFCH for this August. Have completed the forms on the Alamo website but no sign of a bar code and directed to use the kiosks to print a form out when we arrive

Shame! 'Go to Garage' was one of the reasons we always used Alamo
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List