Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 22, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Can anyone help - lost luggage Aer Lingus

Hello,

Sorry once again asking for help! We are home but unfortunately our luggage is not - 6 suitcases a pram and baby car seat missing. My husband has tried in vain to contact Aer Lingus to report missing baggage but cannot get through to anyone.
A big of a long story but we flew MCO - MAN - ABERDEEN. Bags cannot be checked right thru so we expected to pick up in MAN. Luggsge did not appear at MAN so we went to baggage enquiries and were told our cases had been checked right through….in hindsight wish I’d followed this up with Aer Lingus staff but we were tired and didn’t.
After a 7 hour wait in MAN we finally flew home with Loganair but sadly no bags appeared in Aberdeen. Logged the missing bags with Loganair but really feel Aer Lingus should be notified.
Roll on 11.30pm last night and ny daughter receives a random FB message from a guy in MAN airport asking if she has lost luggage as her case is lying beside a carousel in Terminal 3 (we landed in Terminal 2 so how can this happen?) This amazing guy let my husband phone him and he located 6 of our missing items just lying around - he even went to a staff member and tried to get them to help us by they refused to speak to my husband. We managed to online chat with AER LINGUS to tell them we have located some bags but they keep saying we need a case number and giving us a number to call to report it…..but the number doesn’t work and they aren’t giving any alternatives way to report it…can anyone help?
Thanks

Edited at 06:47 AM.
jools1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

What a strange situation! I don’t know what I would do regarding AL, but I think I would be making my way back to the airport, that’s all I can come up with.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Thanks i wish we could get back to the airport but we live in the North East of Scotland….my husband was seriously considering a flight down to Manchester (over Ł300) but worried that he might get there and not find the bags and then how does he get all that luggage back again ? This is stressing me out!
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Thanks i wish we could get back to the airport but we live in the North East of Scotland….my husband was seriously considering a flight down to Manchester (over Ł300) but worried that he might get there and not find the bags and then how does he get all that luggage back again ? This is stressing me out!
Yes I was also thinking getting six bags on the return flight wouldn’t be easy, but being there you might be able to force someone to help so to speak.

Hope somebody else has a better idea soon.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I'd get on Twitter or Facebook and hound them to reply/help.

Sorry this has happened. Good luck.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Thank you my husband has been doing that too but achieving nothing so far…..but will keep going at them again today
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
EMB4
Trying for More Ears

Have you tried getting a contact for the airport duty manager or someone at MAN airport?

They maybe able to assist with getting the luggage that you have been found shipped to you.
EMB4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
No we haven’t i will look and see if we can find any contact details thanks
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
grumpyghost
I want to go now!

I have been searching websites and trying tel numbers.
If you include +, then +353 1761 7838 was answered by Aer Lingus baggage services.
Best of Luck
grumpyghost is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi is this any good

Chat with us

We're here to answer your questions via FaceBook Messenger Chat. Start the conversation by using the Chat feature at the bottom of the screen. You can log in to Messenger or simply chat with us as a guest.

It's available from 0700–2100 (Irish time), 7 days a week. When it's not available, you can call us 24/7.

If your query requires a payment, please reach out to our call centre directly as payments are not yet possible via Chat.

Please note the Chat feature won't appear if you have disabled Functional cookies.

Baggage Tracing
Please use virtual cursor to read the content.
For details on what to do if your bag didn't arrive or to check the status of a delayed bag, please see our missing, delayed or damaged bags information section. Otherwise, call us using the following numbers open 24 hours, 7 days.

Ireland:
(01) 761 7838
United Kingdom:
+353 1 761 7838
Continental Europe:
+353 1 761 7838
USA &: Canada
(855) 567 8224 or (310) 881-3405

wtrweb.worldtracer.aero/WTRI...F-0FA6018F9E43
cartoonp is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List