Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jul 22, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

When do Year 11s finish school?

Hiya,

Im looking to book a trip for my son and his mates when they finish their GCSEs next summer, and Im trying to work out when they totally finish school.

I realise that all schools will vary slightly with proms etc, but in your experience will things be done by the end of this week?

We are looking at booking to go away on Monday 10th July (we are looking at that week as its cheaper due to the majority of the school children still being at school) 👍

Many thanks for any info! 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Yes they will be finished by then.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

def be finished GCSE by then but prom date needs to be taken into consideration as you say

assuming your son & his mates are bothered ?

fwiw where are they going ? I went to Blackpool for a week with 5 mates after O levels ... one of whom was still 15 ... not sure what our parents were thinking
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Generally all exams are done by around the 25th June. The full schedules are generally published around October.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
Apprentice Imagineer

Mine finished on the 28th June but went in on the 1st July for a leavers assembly once that was done I got an e mail saying that she had officially finished school. Her prom is tonight.
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Mine had their last exam on the 23rd June. Prom was the 30th. But there's another local school who don't have their prom until 15th July!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
def be finished GCSE by then but prom date needs to be taken into consideration as you say

assuming your son & his mates are bothered ?

fwiw where are they going ? I went to Blackpool for a week with 5 mates after O levels ... one of whom was still 15 ... not sure what our parents were thinking
They were looking at Cornwall or Spain! But my son will still be 15, so I wasnt convinced hed be able to go abroad on his own, and a lot of his friends are avid cyclists and he isnt, so dont think hed of enjoyed Cornwall as they would of had to get around on bikes I expect.

So weve offered to take them to centre parcs - we will have to stay in the lodge with them, but DH & I will go off to the spa whilst they go off zip lining and swimming etc. Seems like they are all keen on that plan so we will just see what their parents all say now!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Technically the last date in school is the last Friday in June. However, as has been said before, there are other considerations: prom, leavers assembly, 6 form/college induction etc. Next year, hopefully exams may not go on as long, they normally finish by mid June, but this year has been more spaced out to allow for additional teaching due to all the disruption.
Got the Florida bug May 12 Sandy Ridge; May 13 Lake Berkley; May 14 Lake Berkley; August 15 Lake Berkley; May 16 Lake Berkley; October 16 New York; August 17 Chatham Park; July/Aug 18 Chatham Park; Aug 19 OKW & Lake Berkley; Dec 21 Indian Creek & Contemporary; Aug 22 HRH
mason1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
They were looking at Cornwall or Spain! But my son will still be 15, so I wasnt convinced hed be able to go abroad on his own, and a lot of his friends are avid cyclists and he isnt, so dont think hed of enjoyed Cornwall as they would of had to get around on bikes I expect.

So weve offered to take them to centre parcs - we will have to stay in the lodge with them, but DH & I will go off to the spa whilst they go off zip lining and swimming etc. Seems like they are all keen on that plan so we will just see what their parents all say now!
My daughter and friends went to CP after GCSEs, this was 25 years ago, I booked it dropped then off and left, went back to collect them a few days later!
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post

no point in aiming low... are they all paying themselves then...

again fwiw i went to magaluf aged 17 with the same mates one of whom was only 16 at the time

174 two weeks B&B incl flights

happy days
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List