Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 5 Jul 22, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
cookiebeth
Proud to wear my Ears

Manchester Airport

Hi folks. Getting a bit stressed! Been too long dince holidaying! Heading to Mexico from Manchester on 13th July. Was going to stay near Picadilly and hop on train in morning for a 09.55 flight. Worried about ques etc and wondering if I should be thinking of dropping bags off night before. It would be difficult for me to do that. What time should I be looking to get to airport? It is a tui flight I am taking. Thanks for any reassurance!
cookiebeth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
chipndalefan
Excited about Disney

We travelled from Manchester to Spain with TUI a few weeks ago for a 7:10am flight.

The queue for check in was 1hr 40mins and the queue for Security was another 1hr 20mins, so we did not have time for a meal we just had to head straight to the gate.

By contrast my friend went from Manchester 2 days before and was through check in and security in less than 30mins for a flight departing around the same time!
chipndalefan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Check what time check-in opens for your flight, is it 3 hours? I'd stay at airport rather than Piccadilly so you don't have to travel in the morning
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We flew out on Sunday. I was panicking as it was rearranged to Manchester airport at the very last minute.

Our flight was 11am. Arrived 7.30am, Aer Lingus flight. Went to the machine to print baggage tags and did bag drop with no issues.

I was worried about not being able to book fast track for security but it only took 30 minutes.
Old 6 Jul 22, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d suggest staying at an airport hotel rather than Piccadilly so you’re closer and don’t have to worry about travel delays to the airport. You then also have more flexibility in terms of either checking your bags in night before as you’re closer.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cookiebeth
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for reply folks 👍 going with bag drop night before and stay in picadilly. A little bit of hassle but can't justify the price of staying at airport. Unless it's Clayton Crowne Plaza or Radisson there is always a bit of travel involved. Just have to see how it goes 🤞🤞
cookiebeth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cookiebeth View Post
Thanks for reply folks 👍 going with bag drop night before and stay in picadilly. A little bit of hassle but can't justify the price of staying at airport. Unless it's Clayton Crowne Plaza or Radisson there is always a bit of travel involved. Just have to see how it goes 🤞🤞
Hopefully it’ll be fine and you’ll be sat at the airport having a relaxing drink with plenty of time to spare. Have a good trip x
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 22, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
chipndalefan
Excited about Disney

There are 2 Premier Inns at Manchester Airport which are good options, Runger Lane North and Runger Lane South (They are opposite each other) You can normally get a room for £60-80/night.

They are only around 5mins in a Taxi to Terminal 2 - it's just straight down 1 road - so not overly expensive.

google/maps/dir/Prem...634702!1m0!3e0
chipndalefan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 22, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
kissimmee kate
slightly serious Dibber

Check that TUI are doing night before bag drop as when we flew to Majorca 2 weeks ago they had stopped it due to the current issues i.e. No staff. They did send an email about 3 days before confirming this. We flew on a Monday morning at 6.45 and everything ran smoothly with 45 minutes from arriving in terminal to security so it's obviously hit and miss depending on the day. Couldn't fault TUI throughout the whole holiday until we arrived back in Manchester and had a 2 hour wait for luggage. Have a fabulous holiday and enjoy yourselves
1995-Poinciana Blvd..1998- Lake Davenport..2000-Country Creek..2002 -Indian Creek..2003 -Calabay Park..October 06-Lake Davenport.. 2007 -Mission Park.2008 -Highlands Reserve.2009 - Silver Creek..2010- Southern Dunes..2014 Calabay Park..2016 Oak Island Harbor.. 2017 Highlands Reserve.. 2018 Oak Island Harbor
kissimmee kate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List