Notices

Old 6 Mar 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It sounds like you've got a great trip planned. I'm glad to hear you're getting to go back to Disney this year.
I'm excited too! Looking forward to onsite and qsdp also. 😁 Thanks for reading
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Sounds a brilliant trip planed. Off to look at some t shirts😉
Thanks I'm so excited. Have a look on eBay there are loads at reasonable prices too.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
*********UPDATE*********

So bit of an update, last night 5/3/18 I received a text and an email to tell me our internal flight from Philadelphia to Miami had been cancelled and we had been rebooked onto an earlier flight. I wasn't happy with the reduced connection time so I got on the phone to BA. Seems like everybody else with a booking was in the same boat as BA line kept kicking me off saying they were too busy to accept my call. I persevered and kept ringing, finally got put into a queue which was on average 30 minutes wait as the automated voice told me. I put my phone next to me on loud speak and read sha9 latest dining report (thank god for the dibb) whilst I was waiting. Some 55 minutes later finally got through to a lovely lady who said we could move to the later Miami flight which would mean a layover of 4 1/2 hours not getting into Miami until 9pm, 2am uk time! I kingly asked if we could reroute via Heathrow. Not a problem she said! So we are all booked onto a new flight Man-LHR-Mia with a 2 hour connection in Heathrow but no immigration or bag collection. We did this route last year and it was fine, we had a longer layover last year of 2 1/2 hours but we had ample time. Hoping it all goes as smoothly as last year and that AA don't lose the wheelchair this time!
Old 8 Mar 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Another bit of a change to the outbound departure. We've moved to the later BA flight giving us a 3 hour connection in Heathrow. Something about the flight was giving me anxiety having a shorter layover of 1hr 55 minutes. For the sake of arriving into Miami 50 minutes later I thought I'd ring BA and ask them if it was possible and a lovely lady called Michelle helped us out because it's a medical issue. So we now arrive in Miami at 18.15. So much chopping and changing this week!
Old 10 Mar 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Glad you have got it sorted. Flight change doesn’t sound too bad. It’s one of my main concerns with flying indirect is the messing with flight changes.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
Glad you have got it sorted. Flight change doesn’t sound too bad. It’s one of my main concerns with flying indirect is the messing with flight changes.
Yeah all sorted! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly, I'd love to fly direct but for the £4000 virgin are asking for flights alone I'll go via Heathrow for a £2000 saving and a 7 seat minivan thrown in with full insurance. I do wish BA flew from Manchester though to Florida.
Old 18 Mar 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Yeah all sorted! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly, I'd love to fly direct but for the £4000 virgin are asking for flights alone I'll go via Heathrow for a £2000 saving and a 7 seat minivan thrown in with full insurance. I do wish BA flew from Manchester though to Florida.
We're doing the BA from Gatwick this year for the price it was worth it. We won't be there at the same time, you're back before we go this year - so I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of FQ- its lovely.
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by bigshaz View Post
We're doing the BA from Gatwick this year for the price it was worth it. We won't be there at the same time, you're back before we go this year - so I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of FQ- its lovely.
It certainly looks lovely. Are you doing the end of August?
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
It certainly looks lovely. Are you doing the end of August?
We had breakfast with MinnieMrsA last year at FQ, it's lovely.
Yes end of Aug-we fly on 21st for two weeks - aimed to get MNSSHP and Food and Wine to try them
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by bigshaz View Post
We had breakfast with MinnieMrsA last year at FQ, it's lovely.
Yes end of Aug-we fly on 21st for two weeks - aimed to get MNSSHP and Food and Wine to try them
Get that pre trippie done Mrs