Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Aug 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
tonyspurs81
Getting Excited

Pre- holiday anxiety

Does anyone else struggle with pre-holiday anxiety and nerves?

We fly on Tuesday and the past few days ive already started having knots and cramps in my stomach which I know is a symptom of my anxiety.

Even though I recognize it it doesn't ever go away until I'm on the plane.

I remember being terrible with it when I was a kid.

I wonder whether all the planning for Disney increases the anxiety a touch.
tonyspurs81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Yup every time. If someone told it was cancelled I'd be relieved. I'm bursting with excitement two weeks before a holiday then the week before I start to panic. Love every holiday tho. X
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I am exactly the same. I stress so much I actually feel poorly! On top of that I hate flying. It doesn’t stop until we arrive at our destination with all our luggage.
I plan for so long then I panic about illness, bugs, germs etc
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Definitely feel like this,every time and we've been often so you would think I would settle down,but no!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
tonyspurs81
Getting Excited

It drives me insane as the logical part of my brains knows all will be fine and I will have a great holiday.

I wonder whether the excitement part of my brain and the nervous part are linked.
tonyspurs81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Wappum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yep - me too. I drive my husband potty as I spend 11 months of the year desperately willing the time away - then the last 4 weeks of the run up inventing every possible disastrous situation that could go wrong in my head and deciding it’s best if we don’t go. This miraculously disappears the minute I sit on the plane and I get excited again
We call it Pre holiday tension in this house - and I know it will pass. Doesn’t stop me doing it every year though!
Glad I’m not the only one
Wappum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post

A lot of us profile similarly. I think it's because of the way we're set up emotionally.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have it and we are going to Kefalonia, I think I feel worse because I don’t know if we will like it. I booked early flights so we will half dead, my dd is sick unless the dr gives her diazepam. My son and daughter are sharing a room which was a stupid Idea. When I have anxiety I can’t eat so that’s good for weight loss, not so good is we are going out for a meal for our anniversary this afternoon!
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh yes another one here! We fly on Monday. The past week I have felt terrible. Knots in my stomach and just a general anxiety feeling. I hate travel day, my son suffers from really bad anxiety, it starts as soon as we get to the airport and he’ll start being sick from then to just after we land! 😫 it’s so stressful. Once that bit is out of the way I can relax 🍻
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

My girlfriend is terrible for it, I'm not sure if it's because I'm almost always travelling for work and arranging accommodation / transport etc but I hardly break a sweat when sorting, traveling and on holiday.