Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

ok this thread has gone a bit off topic , so lets steer things back

I started this thread to hopefully connect with with cruisers who have booked this cruise 5 Night European Cruise on The Disney Magic from Dover September 13 2020.

This thread is to share planning tips and information for this cruise.

disneycruise.disney.go/c...-disney-magic/

Ports
13 September - Dover - England - All Aboard 4pm
14 September - Amsterdam - Netherlands - Ashore 9am, Aboard 5.45pm
15 September - Zeebrugge / Bruges - Belguim - Ashore 8am, Aboard 4.45pm
16 September - Le Harve / Paris - France - Ashore 7.30am
17 September - Le Harve / Paris - France - Aboard 11.59.pm
18 September - Dover - England- Disembark 7.30am

Paid In Full Date = June 14 2020
Only those who have paid in full can get access to the Online Check In and Port Excursions and On Board Activities Booking

Dates For Online Check In and Booking For Port Excursions and On-Board Activities Opens.
Platinum Level - Starts after 10th completed cruise
Saturday May 16, 2020

Gold Level - Starts after 5th completed cruise
Sunday May 31, 2020

Silver Level - Starts after 1st completed cruise
Monday Jun 15, 2020

New Cruiser
Tuesday Jun 30, 2020

This cruise has an overnight in Le Harve. On the 2019 11 Norwegian Fjords Cruise from Dover there was an overnight in Reykjavik. The MDR that night were Open Seating. Lumiere’s was open from 6pm to 8.30pm, Rapunzel’s Royal Table from 6.30pm to 9 pm , and Cabanas from 9pm to 12 midnight. As we have an over night in Le Harve, its very likely we will have the same Open Seating for dinner that night.

My Planning Update:

I've started gathering magnets for my stateroom door. Some of the magnets will be decorations for the outside and some are for me , for the inside of the door. I am aware that door magnets go on their own port adventures sometimes, so anything I put on the outside of my door will be things that are not high sentimental or financial value.

Talking of my stateroom door decorations, I have decided on a theme, hopefully it will work out the way I want.

I bought a hanging organiser from Amazon which I have started customising for my Fish Extender.

I have been reading lots and lots of personal navigators to familiarise myself with the layout and the different activities and things to do. There is a huge amount of info on these Disney Personal Navigators so I looked for a way that I could condense down the info just to whats relevant to me. I found a link to a home made navigator / daily planner and I have used that as a base to create my own daily planner. My plan is to fill in my personal daily planner after I check in and wait to board at Dover and then each night for the next day. I will use magnets to display it on the room side of my stateroom door.

As I plan to spend more time on the ship than in the boards, my on board outfits will be Disney Bounding outfits. I have a couple of outfits which I wear in Disney parks but as this cruise is 5 days I need some more. Most likely we will have a Frozen Night / Deck Party. I already had a Pirates Disney Bounding outfit and now I have Frozen and a Tangled Disney Bounding outfits. I just need some accessories for my outfits.

When I go ashore and explore Amsterdam, Zeebruge / Bruges and Le Harve, I will just be wearing regular clothes.

For my pre cruise day, my plan is to travel from Ireland the day before the cruise and go straight to Dover from the airport. I will get the train from the airport to London and then the train from London to Dover.

When I arrive in Dover I will get a taxi from the train station to the hotel. I plan to stay in a hotel at Dover port the night before the cruise.

I am not interested in sightseeing in Dover, so I will just have a relaxing evening to get int the cruising mode.

Its too early yet to book flights, train tickets and the hotel. I will do all of that in 2020. I usually book train tickets with trainline about 12 weeks before departure. I usually book flights to England about 4 months before departure.

I plan to book the hotel after Christmas, as I'm expecting many people from my cruise will be staying in Dover the night before the cruise. Also Dover is a ferry port, so the hotels at the port will probably have occupancy.

When I check in to the hotel, I plan to book a taxi for the next morning to get to the port departure building. My plan is to get as early a PAT as I can when I do my online check in.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

I have just booked the premier inn at Dover ferry terminal thinking it would start to fill up shortly with other cruisers - an added bonus is that you can delay payment until the day before we go
Old 10 Oct 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dansgirl
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We are booked on this cruise and it is our first time also. We are really excited as never been on a cruise before.
Dansgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dansgirl View Post
We are booked on this cruise and it is our first time also. We are really excited as never been on a cruise before.
OMG , waves hi, finally found a fellow cruise mate Now I can share my excitement and planning Where are you from? After Christmas I am planning on organising a Fish Extender Group, would you be interested?

So where are you with your pre planning?

I have a cruise folder and have printed out the deck plans.

I am reading tons of trip reports of various cruises and I have a notebook filled with hints and tips.

I have been reading all the personal navigators from The Magics European 2019 season to get familiar with all the activities.

In the ports I will be going DIY and will just be onshore for a few hours. Im more interested in experiencing the ship than the doing port excursions
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Dansgirl
Helping Minnie

I have watched some videos on you tube but really want to see it myself, not too much from videos. I have read some trip reports too.
I agree about spending time on the ship, after all that’s what I’m paying for.
I absolutely love tangled so am really excited to see the show and eat at the themed restaurant.
We are from Lincoln, England.
I have just booked the premier inn for the night before so we don’t have to rush there in the morning too.
Dansgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dansgirl View Post
I have watched some videos on you tube but really want to see it myself, not too much from videos. I have read some trip reports too.
I agree about spending time on the ship, after all that’s what I’m paying for.
I absolutely love tangled so am really excited to see the show and eat at the themed restaurant.
We are from Lincoln, England.
I have just booked the premier inn for the night before so we don’t have to rush there in the morning too.
Oh I know what you mean, I want to see everything before the cruise either I'm mostly watching Dover embarkation and first day videos, to get an idea of what to expect. I'm also watching some shopping videos, to see what kind of merchandise is available. Im not watching any of the shows, or the restaurants.

One video I found shows them walking off the ship in Amsterdam and the distance from the ship to Amsterdam central transport centre. Things like that are very useful as I will be doing the ports DIY.

I'm so excited for the Tangled restaurant too, and the Tangled show in the main theatre. Hopefully they will have all the Tangled activities during the day and The Snuggly Duck takeover of O'Gills in the evening.

Ah thats a nice easy journey to Dover then, you don't have to worry about flights and airports

I'm going to book the Dover hotel around Christmas, I need to pay off some of my credit card first, I'm undecided yet between Premier Inn and Best Western.
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Oh I know what you mean, I want to see everything before the cruise either I'm mostly watching Dover embarkation and first day videos, to get an idea of what to expect. I'm also watching some shopping videos, to see what kind of merchandise is available. Im not watching any of the shows, or the restaurants.

One video I found shows them walking off the ship in Amsterdam and the distance from the ship to Amsterdam central transport centre. Things like that are very useful as I will be doing the ports DIY.

I'm so excited for the Tangled restaurant too, and the Tangled show in the main theatre. Hopefully they will have all the Tangled activities during the day and The Snuggly Duck takeover of O'Gills in the evening.

Ah thats a nice easy journey to Dover then, you don't have to worry about flights and airports

I'm going to book the Dover hotel around Christmas, I need to pay off some of my credit card first, I'm undecided yet between Premier Inn and Best Western.
Premier Inn - the BW is overpriced by far!
There's also a new Travelodge there too. Or if you want a great B&B, try Churchill House.

Joa
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by kevbrydon View Post
Hi Joa... when would you find out if your request for a particular dining room server is granted? before you cruise or not till your sitting down for Dinner?
On the day I'm afraid Kev. I'd go to Prom Lounge and ask there - they do the dining stuff in the middle bit now as opposed to the end of Prom Lounge.

Originally Posted by saffy202 View Post
Considering driving down to Dover now and parking the car - any recommendations for car parks?
The port has it's own big car park and it's not bad pricing. Much easier than trying to find somewhere else.
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
ok this thread has gone a bit off topic , so lets steer things back

I started this thread to hopefully connect with with cruisers who have booked this cruise 5 Night European Cruise on The Disney Magic from Dover September 13 2020.

This thread is to share planning tips and information for this cruise.

disneycruise.disney.go/c...-disney-magic/

Ports
13 September - Dover - England - All Aboard 4pm
14 September - Amsterdam - Netherlands - Ashore 9am, Aboard 5.45pm
15 September - Zeebrugge / Bruges - Belguim - Ashore 8am, Aboard 4.45pm
16 September - Le Harve / Paris - France - Ashore 7.30am
17 September - Le Harve / Paris - France - Aboard 11.59.pm
18 September - Dover - England- Disembark 7.30am

Paid In Full Date = June 14 2020
Only those who have paid in full can get access to the Online Check In and Port Excursions and On Board Activities Booking

Dates For Online Check In and Booking For Port Excursions and On-Board Activities Opens.
Platinum Level - Starts after 10th completed cruise
Saturday May 16, 2020

Gold Level - Starts after 5th completed cruise
Sunday May 31, 2020

Silver Level - Starts after 1st completed cruise
Monday Jun 15, 2020

New Cruiser
Tuesday Jun 30, 2020

This cruise has an overnight in Le Harve. On the 2019 11 Norwegian Fjords Cruise from Dover there was an overnight in Reykjavik. The MDR that night were Open Seating. Lumiere’s was open from 6pm to 8.30pm, Rapunzel’s Royal Table from 6.30pm to 9 pm , and Cabanas from 9pm to 12 midnight. As we have an over night in Le Harve, its very likely we will have the same Open Seating for dinner that night.

My Planning Update:

I've started gathering magnets for my stateroom door. Some of the magnets will be decorations for the outside and some are for me , for the inside of the door. I am aware that door magnets go on their own port adventures sometimes, so anything I put on the outside of my door will be things that are not high sentimental or financial value.

Talking of my stateroom door decorations, I have decided on a theme, hopefully it will work out the way I want.

I bought a hanging organiser from Amazon which I have started customising for my Fish Extender.

I have been reading lots and lots of personal navigators to familiarise myself with the layout and the different activities and things to do. There is a huge amount of info on these Disney Personal Navigators so I looked for a way that I could condense down the info just to whats relevant to me. I found a link to a home made navigator / daily planner and I have used that as a base to create my own daily planner. My plan is to fill in my personal daily planner after I check in and wait to board at Dover and then each night for the next day. I will use magnets to display it on the room side of my stateroom door.

As I plan to spend more time on the ship than in the boards, my on board outfits will be Disney Bounding outfits. I have a couple of outfits which I wear in Disney parks but as this cruise is 5 days I need some more. Most likely we will have a Frozen Night / Deck Party. I already had a Pirates Disney Bounding outfit and now I have Frozen and a Tangled Disney Bounding outfits. I just need some accessories for my outfits.

When I go ashore and explore Amsterdam, Zeebruge / Bruges and Le Harve, I will just be wearing regular clothes.

For my pre cruise day, my plan is to travel from Ireland the day before the cruise and go straight to Dover from the airport. I will get the train from the airport to London and then the train from London to Dover.

When I arrive in Dover I will get a taxi from the train station to the hotel. I plan to stay in a hotel at Dover port the night before the cruise.

I am not interested in sightseeing in Dover, so I will just have a relaxing evening to get int the cruising mode.

Its too early yet to book flights, train tickets and the hotel. I will do all of that in 2020. I usually book train tickets with trainline about 12 weeks before departure. I usually book flights to England about 4 months before departure.

I plan to book the hotel after Christmas, as I'm expecting many people from my cruise will be staying in Dover the night before the cruise. Also Dover is a ferry port, so the hotels at the port will probably have occupancy.

When I check in to the hotel, I plan to book a taxi for the next morning to get to the port departure building. My plan is to get as early a PAT as I can when I do my online check in.
That's the nature of these forums I'm afraid. People will have questions and they are welcome to post them in this thread as well as any others.
Unfortunately, this forum doesn't work as personal cruise planner for only those cruising on this sailing. If you want that, you'll need to join the Facebook group for this cruise (or start one).

Joa
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
If you don't have a favourite dining room team, ask for Graziela Anjos (Brazil) to be part of it. She is awesome (as they all are), but she's our friend too. Taking her for lunch on Sunday when the Magic docks in Dover, can't wait!
Hi Bats, I know. This was from a bit back 8n the postings, but we had Graziela as our waiter on the fjords trip this year. She was utterly wonderful, my little boy loved her little magic tricks.
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List