Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Jan 20, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
MissB87
slightly serious Dibber

DCL first timers and reservations/what time?

Just a few questions for the seasoned cruisers among us 😄

Firstly what time (GMT) does booking open?

I been looking around at excursions what’s offered through DCL vs ‘DIY’

So setting my expectations at the right level how likely as a first timer booking 75 days out am I to get excursions we like the look of?

And the one I think I might know the answer to - Palo reservation. Is it best I go into this with expectation I won’t get one 🙈

Huge thanks 😄
MissB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So its 5am UK time (12pm EST).

In terms of being prepared, whether Palo is showing or not will really depend on the cruise and how full it is. They do supposidly keep some reservations back for onboard booking so remember if you don't get online to go straight to check once onboard.

For excursions again it depends on how popular the cruise itinerary is. They try to cater for everyone but some do sell out its just really hard to gage without more info about the itinerary etc.
Old 7 Jan 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MissB87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
So its 5am UK time (12pm EST).

In terms of being prepared, whether Palo is showing or not will really depend on the cruise and how full it is. They do supposidly keep some reservations back for onboard booking so remember if you don't get online to go straight to check once onboard.

For excursions again it depends on how popular the cruise itinerary is. They try to cater for everyone but some do sell out its just really hard to gage without more info about the itinerary etc.
Thank you! 😄 it’s the 7 day western Caribbean we are off on for our honeymoon.
MissB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissB87 View Post
Thank you! 😄 it’s the 7 day western Caribbean we are off on for our honeymoon.
In which case I'd say there's a chance for Palo as you have a fair number of nights so as long as its not a specific day you want then you might be OK. I'd probably do this before tours to make sure.
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

We were able to book Palo once we got onboard both times we cruised. We did have to be flexible on times but there were plenty of slots. I know on one of the sailings the ship was full, not sure on the other.

That was a few years ago so things might be different now, but hopefully you’ll be as lucky
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
In which case I'd say there's a chance for Palo as you have a fair number of nights so as long as its not a specific day you want then you might be OK. I'd probably do this before tours to make sure.
Good point - we made it the very first thing we did when we got onboard!
Old 8 Jan 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

I did a 5am check in for our 1st cruise, I was able to book the 2 meet & greets and the mixology class I wanted. I didn't book any excursions but certainly could have done! good luck
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MissB87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you! Feeling a bit more positive re Palo, wasn’t aware some reservations are held back that’s a great tip!

Wonderful help and reassurance as always with the dibb 😄 I’m sure we will have a fab time whatever we get booked even if not first choices 😄😄
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for asking this. We are doing our first Disney cruise to Alaska in August so will be in the same boat so to speak 😁

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Thanks for asking this. We are doing our first Disney cruise to Alaska in August so will be in the same boat so to speak 😁
With Alaska what I would add here is that actually the tours tend to be a bit more popular than the ones in the Caribbean as a lot of people do their own thing in the Caribbean but not so much in Alaska. I would probably try and book the tours you want first on this one and then sort Palo out later (and if not showing to book online sort out once onboard).