Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Jan 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Disneyland Paris Halloween trip

Hi I’m starting to look at a Disneyland Paris October school holidays trip
But so far for 4 nights on Eurostar it’s coming out at 5k!
Are prices normally that high
Any advice on school holiday October prices please
We are a large family 2 adults four kids
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are looking at same period. The hotel prices are acceptable to us (albeit still high) considering it’s school holidays and includes park tickets, half board plus 100 euro gift card. But we’re finding Eurostar prices to be far too high given it is still 9 months away.

Check the cashback websites for opportunity to make some savings too.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
5k for 4 nights it’s just not feesable
For us
We go to Orlando for Easter school hols this year and that’s only cost 6k for 19 nights granted we are not doing disney
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post

How are you pricing it up? All as one package or Disney and transport separately?

If all in one, then get quotes for Disney and Eurostar separately, as booking together is often more expensive. That said Oct half term is popular (and therefore expensive) and it appears the Eurostar has shot up in price this year.

Are you able to drive over as opposed to the Eurostar? You may find this saves a considerable amount of money.

The other option is to book an indirect train on the Eurostar with a change at Lille, but these only come up 90 days ahead.

The fact there are six of you maybe pushing the onsite hotels into booking you two rooms and doubling the price in the process. Are you happy to stay offsite in order to get larger rooms that may accommodate all of you?

If you drive you could go for Davy Crockett Ranch which would give you cabins with enough room for 6, whilst still getting the advantages of staying onsite such as EMT.

Edited at 05:26 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
I’m
Guessing Dave Crocket is our best option
Is the drove over ok
It’s be me driving as my husband really doesn’t want to
We’d also have the drive from West Yorkshire to wherever we cross to France to do too
Old 28 Jan 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
I’m
Guessing Dave Crocket is our best option
Is the drove over ok
It’s be me driving as my husband really doesn’t want to
We’d also have the drive from West Yorkshire to wherever we cross to France to do too
We usually drive as it is the cheapest option for us. In terms of the crossing you have the Ferry from Dover (DFDS often cheaper than P&O so price up both) or the Eurotunnel from Folkestone - if you have Clubcard points you can use these towards the cost of Eurotunnel.

You might want to split the journey and do Yorkshire-Kent and then stay over and head to France the next day.

Factor in the motoway tolls in France which are around €22 each way. The drive is super easy - pretty much all motorway and takes around 3 hours from Calais to Disneyland.

If you stay onsite you get free car parking. If you stay at DCR then you drive between the parks and the ranch, again you get free parking in the main car parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

We did DLP last Halloween- we used the eurotunnel as the Eurostar prices were so much more expensive.

The drive from Calais is really straightforward. If you collect clubcard points I used these towards the cost and the tolls were about 20 euros. We also stayed in the premier inn at folkestone the night before to break up the drive a bit - this was only about a 5 minute drive from the terminal so super convenient and was a reasonable price too.

We stayed offsite and booked through hotels.com as again I used clubcard vouchers to help bring the cost down so not much help with the Disney hotels I'm afraid.
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

If the drive from Yorkshire really puts you off then maybe look into getting the ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge - I think it’s 3 hours from Paris so no difference on the France side. We’re coming back this way in Feb. It is an overnight crossing though - works out better for us than staying in Dover before getting the ferry but I’m not sure what costs would be like for the cabin space you’d need.
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I find as a family of 5, DLP does not offer any value for money for us now. We'd want to stay onsite, but if your party is larger than 4 people, costs rocket.
So we choose to put the money towards getting back to Florida sooner instead.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List