Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Itineraries
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.
Ocean Florida
Unread 4 May 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

If you are going with the intention ticking all the big boxes and declaring Disney "done", then yes you are right to worry about having enough time. I'd advise going with the mentality that you know you're going to come home with a list of things you wished you could fit in, focus on having fun instead. Some of the things you miss you won't care for, some will be the things that drag you back for next time.

Multitudes of posters will confirm that some of the best memories come from stuff you discover rather than plan. Focus on fun and be flexible, if the kids are enjoying something, and it means you miss a fastpass, so be it. A good plan is not something which has to be followed, just a great enabler for the primary objective which is having fun together.
Unread 4 May 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Apprentice Imagineer

I just wanted to add, you are very ambitious and I think you are downplaying the distance to/from Miami. On your first day you will be hitting rush hour after getting your car. I honestly don't think you can make it to Orlando from Miami in 3 hours without traffic.

If I remember correctly, Miami car rental is a shuttle bus ride from the airport (may be confusing with FtLauderdale) but picking up the car can take a good hour.

On your way back, you will be tired and it is a long drive AND no one wants to be rushing around the airport like a crazy person, worrying about catching your flight.

On my first trip with kids I learned, when the kids get tired, leave the park and let them recover. Park time with a tire, miserable child (or two) is no longer fun.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I think it's great to have plans. Just allow them to be flexible so if you or the kids are tired you could come back early, go in late or have a mid day break.

Have a look at DFB on YouTube too. I don't have children but they have some great tips for a quiet spot to let the little ones have a rest or time out in a cool area.

I hope you all have a fabulous time 😁
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida here we come!
Unread 4 May 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Hello. As others have said, it's good to have an outline plan, but don't worry too much if you don't do everything on your plan.

It's a holiday, and you will need to relax a bit too.

I was thinking about your last day / night and your Epcot plans.

You suggest driving down to Miami late at night. What time is your flight - and what date please? Might change my observations...

Edit - also being nosy, do you have your themepark tickets already or do you need to pick them up at AKL?
Hi, We are going on a cruise from Fort Laurdadail on the 3rd afternoon and we need to pick up our wristbands from AKL.
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Christopher's Hunt for Orange Soda
Unread 4 May 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Earning More Ears

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I am hoping my children will sleep in the car on the way up from Miami as if they do they will be wide awake by the time to we get to Orlando.

I think you are right about being flexible with our plans.

on the way back we have all the time we need as we are going on a cruise the following day for Fort Laurdadail.
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 4 May 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
FamilyGWales
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi Chris. Are you intending to drive from Orlando and them drive back to Miami and then get a cruise back to Fort Lauderdale the next day, or that you are driving down to FL for a cruise the next day?

Either way it does seem a very long day esp if no hotel night planned that night.
FamilyGWales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 6 May 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Hi Chris. Are you intending to drive from Orlando and them drive back to Miami and then get a cruise back to Fort Lauderdale the next day, or that you are driving down to FL for a cruise the next day?

Either way it does seem a very long day esp if no hotel night planned that night.
Hi, we are driving to Miami, staying in Miami overnight on the 2nd and then getting the cruise on the 3rd from FL (we are 12 miles from the port)
Unread 14 May 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
Getting Excited

Just a thought but is the Lake Buena Vista Hotel set in stone or cancellable? it might be worth getting a hotel either in Miami or somewhere about halfway up to Orlando on your arrival day, then taking advantage of the jet lag for an early slog to Orlando, if the kids are still tired they will nap in the car and save you the worst of the driving after what tends to be in excess of a 24hr day
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
ResalesDVC