Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jun 15, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loubieloo
Imagineer

Eeek might be squeezing an day at DLP !

After our first disaster visit to Florida in the year 2000 (went for a week, stayed in a very dodgy motel and had a 18 mth old and no car ) we vowed never to go again...

Some years later our youngest dd begged to go to Disney to meet the toy story characters. We caved and booked a great deal at the davey crockett ranch for the 5 of us in December. The drive was easy and Disney was amazing.

This is where we got hooked

Last December we finally saved enough to go for 2 weeks to the most magical place that is Disneyworld.

Now we are really hooked

Dh and I are having a belated 20th anniversay trip to Las Vegas in Feb, with a 2 night mini trip to Disneyland California in the middle of our holiday

So yesterday, dh tells me he fancies a break away when we are both off for a week towards the end of July. As it turns out it's the first week of the school holidays. I hunted all of our regular UK spots and the prices were enough to make your eyes water

I then had a light bulb moment and though we could go camping on the west coast of France. With the long drive and coming from Birmingham, we wouldn't manage it in a day so would probably need to stop the night before the ferry crossing near Dover. Then tackle the 7+hrs driving the next day. The price for fuel and the cost of an overnight stop out was more than we wanted to pay. Dh suggests looking near Paris as the drive was easy and we could go into Paris for the day.

I have found a wonderful campsite that is only a 30 minute train ride from Paris and very close to DLP, even better we can stay in a chalet for not much more than pitching our tent. So we would save money, take breakfast and lunch stuff with us and cook simple meals in the evenings.

The point of this mega long post ! it's my Birthday on the Thursday we are there (23rd July) I am thinking we could squeeze a day in DLP for my birthday

where would be best to get one day tickets (if the prices for 2 day tickets are only a few ££ more I might consider them), and how would you plan one day at DLP?

When we were last at DLP it was December and they didn't have any fireworks do they have them in the summer?

If you got this far well done
Old 23 Jun 15, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

I would check DLPs own site for tickets. DLP cannot have fireworks often as it is in a residentual area. They do, however have one of the best shows in the whole of Disney. It is Dreams and it is at park close every day. It a mix of projections on the castle and low level fireworks. If you go you must see it. try to get to the hub as it not as good down Main Street.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 15, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread