Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Jul 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Potterer View Post
Radisson Blu definitely has adjoining rooms as we have stayed in it, ridiculously expensive though, like eye watering expensive.

Now we stay at Premier Inn South (feels a bit more roomy as it has 2 doubles rather than the usual family room layout.)

It will take the stress off waking up in the middle of the night and driving to the airport, and as for sleeping children, the only way to get them to sleep in different places is to keep taking them to different places to sleep.

The more you do it, the more they get used to it.

We see the hotel stay as part of our holiday. We take a room picnic (ready made sandwiches etc) so it feels fun.

Thanks for the advice
Ref kids sleeping, my children are very well travelled they have been all over the world. My youngest with autism doesn’t sleep very well at home so in strange places the sleep is minimal until he sleeps through exhaustion.
Coming back from Thailand via Dubai he did not sleep for 34 hours! That wasn’t fun.

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
Thanks for the advice
Ref kids sleeping, my children are very well travelled they have been all over the world. My youngest with autism doesn’t sleep very well at home so in strange places the sleep is minimal until he sleeps through exhaustion.
Coming back from Thailand via Dubai he did not sleep for 34 hours! That wasn’t fun.
Apologies - I didn't mean to sound flippant in my reply #7.

Mick
Old 25 Jul 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Apologies - I didn't mean to sound flippant in my reply #7.

Mick
Thats ok the only time the kid is quiet is a 9 hour flight only time he is allowed uninterrupted screen time lol

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies will have to call radison blue and see how much the stay is for 2 adjoining rooms x

Old 25 Jul 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Essential
Earning My Ears

Always stay over the night before at an airport hotel even though we are only about 40 minutes away from the airport.

The motorways around Manchester can be horrendous around rush hour so we take no chances.

We have a nice meal at the hotel to start the holiday off.
Essential is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fancealot
Getting Excited

Most of the time we travel from the cheapest airport and it's usually a london based one so from Doncaster we stay overnight at an airport hotel, the only time i'd stay at home is if I was travelling from Robin Hood airport which is 5 miles down the road from me. In the past i've travelled to Manchester on the day but I set off far far too early as i'm always worried i'll miss the flight.
Fancealot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Always stay over - no chance of risking a missed flight even if we are all too excited to sleep😂

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶 Portofino Bay
2025 -POR Riverside
HansysMum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I guess there's a clue in your user name. Lovely part of the UK to live but I don't envy your drive home from LGW.

Mick
I live just outside Falmouth and you are right, it is a lovely place to live.

You are also right that the drive home from either London airport is a killer, particularly if coming in mid afternoon from California.

Living down here is a swings and roundabouts thing. Civilisation and all that goes with it (good or bad) generally starts at Bristol.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Oh Bother
Trying for More Ears

We are only 30 minutes away from Manchester airport and have always stayed over the night before. Our opinion is we have paid a lot of money for our trip and would rather know we are only minutes away from the airport.
Last week it took me over 2 hours to travel back from work because of motorway closures. A Journey that normally takes me 30 minutes !
I'd hate something like that to happen on our day of travel.
We've stayed at the Raddison Blu and they do adjoining rooms. Nice hotel and can be expensive, however if you search around you can get rooms at a reasonable price. A plus for the Raddison is that you can walk to the terminals and don't have to worry about a taxi or bus.
Oh Bother is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Oh Bother View Post
We are only 30 minutes away from Manchester airport and have always stayed over the night before. Our opinion is we have paid a lot of money for our trip and would rather know we are only minutes away from the airport.
Last week it took me over 2 hours to travel back from work because of motorway closures. A Journey that normally takes me 30 minutes !
I'd hate something like that to happen on our day of travel.
We've stayed at the Raddison Blu and they do adjoining rooms. Nice hotel and can be expensive, however if you search around you can get rooms at a reasonable price. A plus for the Raddison is that you can walk to the terminals and don't have to worry about a taxi or bus.
Thank you. We have booked meet and greet. Will we be able to park in raddison blu then take our car to the meet and greet do you know?