Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Apr 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

Beach Club standard rooms- upgrade option?

Morning all, thinking of booking the BC for next year but my preferred agent can only access a standard room for me at the moment, as opposed to a garden view.
Just wondered... Has anyone successfully upgraded (paid or foc) to a different room type at check in? Is this even an option if there’s availability?
I’m thinking of joining touring plans to request the best of the options directly, but I just wondered whether it is possible to also change on arrival if I know it’s not going to be a great location.
TIA.
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Last time we stayed at Yacht Club. I kept an eye on the website and when I saw availability for a Garden view in our dates I contacted the agent and asked to upgrade. There was no problem to do this (I booked with Travel Planners). This time I booked with ATD in a standard at Beach Club and considering an upgrade again just working out funds.
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Admiral Joe
Proud to wear my Ears

You might need to wait (a while) but I reckon availability will come up. A couple of years ago I couldn't get a booking at Beach Club so booked at Yacht Club instead. I would regularly check the Disney site for availability at the Beach Club and for months and months there was none, despite the US site showing availability.

Then about a month out from our holiday availability came up on the UK site. My guess is that they transferred rooms over from the US inventory at that point. A quick call to Disney and my booking was transferred from YC to BC. Had to pay a slight amount (approx. £30 if I remember correctly) due to a slight difference in the room rates.

Moral of the tale is to just keep checking and never give up hope. The important thing to remember is that even if you don't get the upgrade, you still have the standard room which isn't the worst of plan B's
Admiral Joe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

We booked a standard room direct with Disney last Wednesday night as it was all that was available. Then garden/woods view appeared so I upgraded direct with Disney and it was an extra £27 for the week.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by stepmead View Post
We booked a standard room direct with Disney last Wednesday night as it was all that was available. Then garden/woods view appeared so I upgraded direct with Disney and it was an extra £27 for the week.
Exactly the same for us. £40 difference in price over 10 nights so we jumped at it. Considering the cost of the holiday, £40 is a drop in the ocean!
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SloanRangers View Post
Exactly the same for us. £40 difference in price over 10 nights so we jumped at it. Considering the cost of the holiday, £40 is a drop in the ocean!
We did this too x

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶 Portofino Bay
2025 -POR Riverside
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone, I’m waiting to see what my agent comes back with. Hopefully I’ll stop procrastinating and have something booked soon 😆
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I booked beach club last week , and got a garden view/ woods view, didn’t even get offered standard, not that I’m complaining lol

Jules
signtalker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List