Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jun 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
The Op states in her first post that her daughter was offered a contract, presumably if she did'nt sign and return said contract within a certain timeframe they would'nt chase it up they would see it as the applicant did'nt want the job..
OP said her daughter landed a job, she mentions an agreed start date so it certainly sounds like the offer was made and accepted. Accordingly the employment contract is in place. That she has not returned a piece of paper does not change that.

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
If the applicant wanted the position, she could have clarified the further email sent was correct and the position was no longer open.
Yes that does seem to be the consensus.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
which is fair enough but its good manners to llet them know you wont be joining them and also possibly depriving someone else of a much needed job
Yes, I agree. I did state that.
Old 14 Jun 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Why does every post I make on this forum turn into an attack on me or my children.

Did everyone miss the part where they said they don’t want her? They’re not expecting her to show up because they messaged her and said there is no job for her now
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Nobody is attacking anyone.

They are just concerned that your daughter may suffer in the future because of a mistake that was not of her making, that’s all.

I hope she gets something that is what she wants in the end.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

No one was attacking you or your daughter.

I think the general consensus of concern was that the email certainly sounded like it was sent to your daughter in error.

It would be a reasonable step for your daughter to ascertain if indeed it was sent in error.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

No, people posted as they were concerned that your daughter had received the email in error and was hopeful that was the case.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
Why does every post I make on this forum turn into an attack on me or my children.

Did everyone miss the part where they said they don’t want her? They’re not expecting her to show up because they messaged her and said there is no job for her now
I think others have assumed that a mistake has been made in sending the second email as an offer was made and the 2nd email sounded like a general email to all.
Personally, as I said originally, I’d strongly suggest that she email to clarify just in case it was a mistake so that she doesn’t burn bridges for the future.
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've just read the whole post and cant see any attacks. You posted saying you were fuming, people are trying to help you. It definitely does seem like she recieved the rejection email by mistake. A quick email or phone call is all that is needed to clarify the matter. By not doing so your daughter may well be missing out on an opportunity and also depriving someone else of it. She has been sent a contract - that wouldn't happen if they had decided not to hire her. Hospitality is a business where your name can spread far and wide, not always for the right reason.
If she isn't prepared to sort out the confusion then maybe hospitality isn't the right career path for her as it does involve a lot of problem solving and being able to speak up. This is not meant to upset or annoy you so please dont be offended, this is the perfect opportunity for her to use her skillset to solve the problem - one she can touch upon when asked the "tell me a problem that you have had to sort out on your own" question in a future job interview.
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Fingers crossed for the Italian job - will it be a skype interview or will she have to fly over.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I do hope your daughter gets the job she wants, she has done well to get a few opportunities.

As to people attacking you, I think everyone has just given advice based on their experience of hospitality. To work in hospitality you need to be able to communicate well and be able to sort out customer’s complaints and problems. Your daughter could give herself some experience by resolving the issue of the emails she has received, she should also notify the company if she isn’t intending to take the job as they will need time to fill the position. Who knows, your daughter may want to work for them in the future, by sorting this out now the door could be open for her to do so if she wished at a later date.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List