Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Dec 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Well, we just got back from two marvellous weeks at CBR, our first stay there. We LOVED this resort! We were put into Aruba, building 53, which was mildly irritating in that it was the absolute furthest point away from Old Port Royale; however, the room was a 1 minute walk away from a really lovely pool, and a laundry room, and about a 3 minute walk away from our new favourite Disney thing, the Skyliner. The Riviera Resort station was so close to us, it was wonderful! Although we did have to contend with Cast Members blocking our way every time we tried to get off there and demanding to know where we were going, as Riviera wasn't open until today. We had to keep saying, "Aruba!" to get them to let us off!

The room was gorgeous, really well themed, and we loved Old Port Royale - it was very Caribbean Island in it's theming and the food court was great. Sadly we didn't have time to try out the main pool, but it looked amazing.

My only surprise was that I learned that if you decline housekeeping in favour of the gift card, you no longer get the DVC-style cleaning of trash & towels a couple of times and a full clean once during your stay - we received no cleaning at all for the whole 2 weeks. We could have requested a clean, but I was reluctant to then pay $10 for the privilege! We made the bed ourselves and put out our trash every few days. Luckily, there was plenty of trash bags, loo rolls, and tissues in the room; we always buy a box of coffee bags and some coffee mate anyway, so that wasn't an issue.

We had a pizza leaflet shoved through the door twice, on the second occasion I happened to be near the door at the time and shot outside to shout at the guy scurrying away, "oy! You know you shouldn't be on property!", before reporting him to security.

Anyway, we loved the place. I'm now considering seeing if I can swap our booking for Coronado Springs next year over to Caribbean Beach, purely for the convenience of the Skyliner. We used it for both the Studios and Epcot, leaving the hire car firmly in it's parking space near our room!
Hi Silvercat, so glass you enjoyed CBR. It really is a beautiful resort isn’t it.
We’ve been over there a few times this holiday, we’re staying at Pop so just ‘popped’ 😆 over on the Skyliner.
The Skyliner really is fab isn’t it, going on it again later today. 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

So, we’re here at the mo, last day tomorrow though.
I’ve been to CBR a few times. I prefer the food at CBR now the menus have changed at Pop & AoA.
Love the Market burger - yum!

We also popped to Riviera, got the Skyliner over from Pop, looked around outside & in the food areas/lobby, not the roof top though.

The QS has got some nice options and really easy & quick to walk to from Old Port Royal, Aruba & Jamaica.

We got a bus from there to DS, we were the only ones at the bus stops and only had a 1 minute wait for bus.

The pathway around the lake is now fully open so you can walk all the way around the lake once again now.
😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
I’ve been to CBR a few times. I prefer the food at CBR now the menus have changed at Pop & AoA.

We also popped to Riviera, got the Skyliner over from Pop, looked around outside & in the food areas/lobby, not the roof top though.

The QS has got some nice options and really easy & quick to walk to from Old Port Royal, Aruba & Jamaica.

We got a bus from there to DS, we were the only ones at the bus stops and only had a 1 minute wait for bus.

The pathway around the lake is now fully open so you can walk all the way around the lake once again now.
😊

Sounds Brilliant.

Thank you for the update.

Sorry it's coming to an end but I'm pretty sure you will be back there soon enough.
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

😊
Have a safe journey home Cha Cha. And start a new timeline when you get back! 😀👍
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
If you opt out of cleaning, you are opted out of cleaning for the duration. You can you opt back in for the odd day if you repay the $10 you received for opting out. Seems logical to me.

I opted out as I was only there for four nights and was by myself. I did not get trash collected on any day, I didn’t generate a lot of rubbish but what I did I took to outside bins myself. Nothing (including fresh towels) were replenished in the room either, but I had teabags with me and got extras and milk from the QS venues as I had a refillable mug. The bathroom supplies were sufficient as I was by myself. I couldn’t have done it for a fortnight though.
I opted out of mouse keeping but when I requested a clean half way through they said I couldn't have because I'd opted out?
They did bring a change bedding that we did ourselves, and only being 2 adults it wasn't too bad we left the rubbish outside the room and if we needed anything they would drop it off like towels etc but I don't think I would opt out again unless staying at a DVC resort that had hoover possible lol
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Well, we just got back from two marvellous weeks at CBR, our first stay there. We LOVED this resort! We were put into Aruba, building 53, which was mildly irritating in that it was the absolute furthest point away from Old Port Royale; however, the room was a 1 minute walk away from a really lovely pool, and a laundry room, and about a 3 minute walk away from our new favourite Disney thing, the Skyliner. The Riviera Resort station was so close to us, it was wonderful! Although we did have to contend with Cast Members blocking our way every time we tried to get off there and demanding to know where we were going, as Riviera wasn't open until today. We had to keep saying, "Aruba!" to get them to let us off!

The room was gorgeous, really well themed, and we loved Old Port Royale - it was very Caribbean Island in it's theming and the food court was great. Sadly we didn't have time to try out the main pool, but it looked amazing.

My only surprise was that I learned that if you decline housekeeping in favour of the gift card, you no longer get the DVC-style cleaning of trash & towels a couple of times and a full clean once during your stay - we received no cleaning at all for the whole 2 weeks. We could have requested a clean, but I was reluctant to then pay $10 for the privilege! We made the bed ourselves and put out our trash every few days. Luckily, there was plenty of trash bags, loo rolls, and tissues in the room; we always buy a box of coffee bags and some coffee mate anyway, so that wasn't an issue.

We had a pizza leaflet shoved through the door twice, on the second occasion I happened to be near the door at the time and shot outside to shout at the guy scurrying away, "oy! You know you shouldn't be on property!", before reporting him to security.

Anyway, we loved the place. I'm now considering seeing if I can swap our booking for Coronado Springs next year over to Caribbean Beach, purely for the convenience of the Skyliner. We used it for both the Studios and Epcot, leaving the hire car firmly in it's parking space near our room!
Glad you had a great time.

😊
Hope you are back safe

I am looking forward to trying the food at riviera and also start my planning as I have officially booked flights so will be going 'home' next year :
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed at CBR in 2016 and fell in love with it, since then we have stayed at POFQ twice, the Contemporary, and All Star Music, and nowhere has come close to making me feel the way we did in 2016... we actually swapped our Yacht Club booking to CBR because it just looks so beautiful and the Skyliner is a big plus!

Cant wait to get back there in August so really enjoy peoples thoughts on the resort now!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Its our first stay at CBR and hoping to make a room request. Would like to be central to the food court and skyline if thats possible ! Any advice appreciated!
Old 28 Dec 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Its our first stay at CBR and hoping to make a room request. Would like to be central to the food court and skyline if thats possible ! Any advice appreciated!
Hi,

What room type have you booked? 😊
Old 28 Dec 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
We stayed at CBR in 2016 and fell in love with it, since then we have stayed at POFQ twice, the Contemporary, and All Star Music, and nowhere has come close to making me feel the way we did in 2016... we actually swapped our Yacht Club booking to CBR because it just looks so beautiful and the Skyliner is a big plus!

Cant wait to get back there in August so really enjoy peoples thoughts on the resort now!
It is so different to how it was in 2016. The main lobby/food court etc are so much nicer than before. The QS menu is imo a lot better than other mods + there’s Spyglass grille and the Riviera & Sebastian’s for TS.
The Riviera does spoil the skyline of CBR a little imo, but it’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be and certainly doesn’t detract from the lovely Caribbean ambience of the resort.
The Skyliner is fab! 😊