Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Aug 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Peanutt
Imagineer

Peanutt's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
California Grill Brunch Question

ok apologies if this seems a weird or random question but no matter how much research I do I cant find the answer...

We have booked the Sunday Brunch at California Grill - I can see its a buffet - does that mean you can go up several times or do you only get one opportunity to select what you want from the buffet?

Also Ive read on a couple of blogs that you can order more than one item from the entree selection - has anyone done this and is it acceptable to do so?

Thanks for any info you can give on this
Peanutt is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Hiya

Yes, you can go up to the buffet as many times as you like...you go there first and then a little while later, you're given menus and you can order something off there - you can order more than one thing. We ordered the pancakes for the table but got our own meal too.

The buffet is so amazing though that the meal bit passed in a blur!

You can also make requests if there's something you want but can't find it - we're massive sushi lovers so asked the sushi chef for some salmon sashimi and he literally handed us an entire salmon...was worth £££££ on its own!
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

You can go back to the appetiser buffet as many times as you like. It's seriously amazing and good and there is so much there that I could get full on just the appetiser buffet!

And yes you can order more than one entree. I ordered two the last time I went (Feb this year) and when I ordered I mentioned something about not being sure if I could finish it and the CM said it didn't matter and they could bag it up for me if I couldn't! They're also more than happy to box up the dessert for you to take away too.

I've been told the mimosas are also unlimited but usually one is enough for me - I just get soft drinks after (also included in cost of the meal).

Basically - amazing food and amazing service and it's my must do each time I go back now
Old 5 Aug 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Good query OP - we’re there on Sunday for the first time and I hadn’t even thought of this 🙈!

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

When our server took our entree order he said to us that prep would only begin 45 minutes later to allow us to enjoy the buffet! Its amazing. And yes, bottomless mimosas too.

Oh and valet parking if that’s of use to you
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List