Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jan 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Anyone else waiting patiently to book for 2020?!

Hi all,

Just wondered how many if you were like me and chomping at the bit to get something booked for 2020?
We are planning on August- so nothing really available as yet. We are hoping to do diy for the first time 😬, and do 3 nights HRH then 11 nights on-site hopefully at BC again. All depends on if/ when free ddp is offered really as this will affect plans massively! All I’m doing for now is comparing prices for this August for flights/ tickets etc and adding on to get an idea of prices.

I know ATD have now released ticket prices for 2020 so that gives an idea- but really it’s the Disney part that’s an unknown quantity!

Anyone also as impatient as me? !
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Yes!

At least you know where you want to stay .. still debating between Saratoga springs, old key west and a moderate .. weighing up what is our best option if they release free dining. Taking an almost 2 year old so unsure whether dining plan is worth it.
So annoying having to wait for prices! Just want to start working it all out lol.
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jadepansy459 View Post
Yes!

At least you know where you want to stay .. still debating between Saratoga springs, old key west and a moderate .. weighing up what is our best option if they release free dining. Taking an almost 2 year old so unsure whether dining plan is worth it.
So annoying having to wait for prices! Just want to start working it all out lol.
BC is top of the list, and I’ve got everything crossed that it isn’t over the expected budget- but we may well end up doing moderate if no dining plan or massive price increase -which I suspect there will be going on increase in park tickets
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

I’m planning our 2nd ever trip and trying to do it diy. I’ve booked 9 nights at HRH from mid Aug. It’s booked directly with the hotel so only paid a deposit and can cancel up to a week before. Hoping to get 12 nights at BC or YC when/if free dining comes out. Exciting times
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
I’m planning our 2nd ever trip and trying to do it diy. I’ve booked 9 nights at HRH from mid Aug. It’s booked directly with the hotel so only paid a deposit and can cancel up to a week before. Hoping to get 12 nights at BC or YC when/if free dining comes out. Exciting times
Your trip sounds like ours! I’ve been contemplating making our HRH booking too. Did u do it via travel republic with £15 deposit? I wasn’t sure if prices likely to go up or down. This DIY malarkey is going to keep my thoughts occupied ALOT lol!
Endless Summer 2023
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Weve been thinking the same, HRH for 3 nights and then BC for a week August 2020.
Last night we decided we are going to delay until 2021 and go to California for 2020. Hoping by then the Star Wars hype will have settled a tad. Although I’m sure it will still be crazy.
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Your trip sounds like ours! I’ve been contemplating making our HRH booking too. Did u do it via travel republic with £15 deposit? I wasn’t sure if prices likely to go up or down. This DIY malarkey is going to keep my thoughts occupied ALOT lol!
No I booked directly with HRH. I’ve inherited some money so treating us to a future rock star room at club level and direct with HRH was the only place I could find them at the time. Deposit was about 1 nights stay. I’m going to keep checking prices though in case I can get it cheaper from someone else later.
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
No I booked directly with HRH. I’ve inherited some money so treating us to a future rock star room at club level and direct with HRH was the only place I could find them at the time. Deposit was about 1 nights stay. I’m going to keep checking prices though in case I can get it cheaper from someone else later.
Whoops- yeah I re-read your post and saw you’d booked direct. We want to stay club level too. This is the problem with booking/ planning so far ahead. I keep wanting to add on extras/ upgrades!
Endless Summer 2023
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

I'm not - waiting patiently that is. I am waiting impatiently!

11 of us, with a plan for 5 nights onsite at WDW, 1 night at US for the express passes and then a villa (technically 2 villas, as we are effectively 2 family groups and each want a bit of space). The villas have been booked through the DIBB, and look lovely.
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

I am waiting very impatiently but this time hubby does not want to go and its my 50th oh well me and daughter it is then
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List