Notices

Old 10 Jan 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Oooh so happy for you that Charlie has his own seat! I actually can't imagine taking Edith atm, I keep getting tempted to look at prices but then just think no, I can't deal with that flight. Haha. So much better to have the additional adults with you too. That will take a lot of pressure off.

The villa looks absolutely fabulous! So fresh & modern compared to a lot you see.

Here's hoping your countdown flies by, looking forward to updates
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Oooh so happy for you that Charlie has his own seat! I actually can't imagine taking Edith atm, I keep getting tempted to look at prices but then just think no, I can't deal with that flight. Haha. So much better to have the additional adults with you too. That will take a lot of pressure off.

The villa looks absolutely fabulous! So fresh & modern compared to a lot you see.

Here's hoping your countdown flies by, looking forward to updates
Oh goodness, are we crazy taking him at this age?! I have a feeling Edith and Charlie are very similar in their non-stop, adventurous ways! I am hoping that having four adults to one Charlie will make it in some way bearable!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh wow! You guys will have a ball. Very wise to book a seat. My eldest was 23 months when we did a 12 hour overnight flight and we didn’t get a seat. It was the longest 12 hours of my life! We’ve done flights with both of ours at various ages and it really is fine. It’s 9 hours that are not much fun, but then it’s done and hopefully you’ll never see those people again and you’ll have the best memories!
Our youngest has been at 11 months, 26 months and then just over 3 and it was brilliant watching her face each time (eldest could enjoy rides at 7,8 &9). Can’t wait to take them again next year.
Can’t wait to read about your trip!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Oh wow! You guys will have a ball. Very wise to book a seat. My eldest was 23 months when we did a 12 hour overnight flight and we didn’t get a seat. It was the longest 12 hours of my life! We’ve done flights with both of ours at various ages and it really is fine. It’s 9 hours that are not much fun, but then it’s done and hopefully you’ll never see those people again and you’ll have the best memories!
Our youngest has been at 11 months, 26 months and then just over 3 and it was brilliant watching her face each time (eldest could enjoy rides at 7,8 &9). Can’t wait to take them again next year.
Can’t wait to read about your trip!
This is exactly what I keep thinking... we just need to get through those 9 hours and then we have an amazing 2 weeks of Orlando fun ahead of us! I will go armed with so many snacks and distractions, I am hoping we will make it through without too much trauma!

It feels me with confidence that you have done it multiple times and live to tell the tale!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

How did I miss this?! So excited to read about your plans . Story Lake looks amazing, we love staying in Kissimmee too. Defo a good plan for Charlie to have his own seat & taking Grandparents for back up is very clever .

Libby’s currently 24 months...as you know she wasn’t great when we flew to canada last May BUT in the last couple of months she’s definitely got so much better at sitting still. She’ll now play a Flashcard game on my phone while I’m shopping if I need her too and she has favourite films that usually guarantee chill time!

I’m sure Charlie will be brill on the plane . It’ll be worth it anyway! xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Eeeeek so exciting, your inspiring me to do a trip report of my own! You arrive 2 days after us!

Your villa looks gorgeous! So modern and grey, reminds me of the theme of my home here lol!

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Oh goodness, are we crazy taking him at this age?! I have a feeling Edith and Charlie are very similar in their non-stop, adventurous ways! I am hoping that having four adults to one Charlie will make it in some way bearable!
Haha, not crazy at all. I have started looking at prices to be there for her 2nd birthday... God help me and my bank balance!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
How did I miss this?! So excited to read about your plans . Story Lake looks amazing, we love staying in Kissimmee too. Defo a good plan for Charlie to have his own seat & taking Grandparents for back up is very clever .

Libby’s currently 24 months...as you know she wasn’t great when we flew to canada last May BUT in the last couple of months she’s definitely got so much better at sitting still. She’ll now play a Flashcard game on my phone while I’m shopping if I need her too and she has favourite films that usually guarantee chill time!

I’m sure Charlie will be brill on the plane . It’ll be worth it anyway! xx
Oh that fills me with much more confidence! I keep thinking of how he is now and having a panic as he is very active and its not easy to keep his attention for long... but hopefully another 8 months down the line this will be different (fingers crossed anyway!)

All I keep thinking is that we just need to get through those 9 hours and then we have two whole weeks of fun ahead of us... I will worry about the return flight when it comes to it!

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
Eeeeek so exciting, your inspiring me to do a trip report of my own! You arrive 2 days after us!

Your villa looks gorgeous! So modern and grey, reminds me of the theme of my home here lol!
Please do a trip report, they are always such a great read!

Exciting we are going to be out there at the same time, I will be keeping my eyes peeled for you!

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Haha, not crazy at all. I have started looking at prices to be there for her 2nd birthday... God help me and my bank balance!
Ooo this is exciting, I am so hoping you go for it! (You can then come back and tell me all your tips for surviving WDW with an energetic toddler! )
Old 25 Jan 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Aww we’ve travelled with our 2 at ages 14 months, 21 months and 2.5yrs. It honestly wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. When we flew with our youngest at 21m insisted we book a seat for him - lifesaver! I took loads of snacks, lots of new little toys and books and let them go to town on the ife and iPads. It wasn’t exactly relaxing but it was fine.

Now they’re aged 7 and 4 and my 7 year old will tell you that the best part of going to Florida is getting to spend 9 hours on his iPad 😂 When we went last year both me and dh actually managed to watch films and read books pretty much uninterrupted! God bless the iPads...
Old 28 Jan 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tory79 View Post
Aww we’ve travelled with our 2 at ages 14 months, 21 months and 2.5yrs. It honestly wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. When we flew with our youngest at 21m insisted we book a seat for him - lifesaver! I took loads of snacks, lots of new little toys and books and let them go to town on the ife and iPads. It wasn’t exactly relaxing but it was fine.

Now they’re aged 7 and 4 and my 7 year old will tell you that the best part of going to Florida is getting to spend 9 hours on his iPad 😂 When we went last year both me and dh actually managed to watch films and read books pretty much uninterrupted! God bless the iPads...
This certainly fills me with confidence, thank you so much! I think snacks and the iPad are going to be our saviour over that 9 hours!