col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
How are your plans coming along? Did you get everything you wanted ADR and FP wise?

Edited as remembered you are FP at 30 days sorry 🙈 but at least no stress for FOP doing AK after hours! 😂👍

Absolutely! No FoP stresses at least, HS will be another matter but I’ll cope we are only doing 2 ADR’s, both character breakfasts, Tusker and Bon voyage at trattoria I’m not too bothered about ADR’s onsite when paying OOP its very expensive for 5 of us.

I keep wondering if I’ll ever feel the need to stay onsite when free dining is released but then I think about 2 weeks in a hotel room with 5 of us and I shudder! I’m definitely a villa person 😂😂

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by col2501 View Post
Absolutely! No FoP stresses at least, HS will be another matter but I’ll cope we are only doing 2 ADR’s, both character breakfasts, Tusker and Bon voyage at trattoria I’m not too bothered about ADR’s onsite when paying OOP its very expensive for 5 of us.

I keep wondering if I’ll ever feel the need to stay onsite when free dining is released but then I think about 2 weeks in a hotel room with 5 of us and I shudder! I’m definitely a villa person 😂😂
I completely get that! Only being 3 of us it is manageable, although doubt it would be attractive without free dining - prices are crazy! 😱
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Addition for DH!
So this little update is one that came about quite unexpectedly last night! I have been checking in with Charter Travel to keep an eye on quotes for Club Level room upgrade at HRH after reading about so many bargains Dibbers have had, but sadly it didn't drop below £265 for the 2 nights.. erm, no thanks! Then when I enquired a week or so ago, it was over £500 - say what?!
I had a look on the Loews site directly and (as you do) also looked at RPR and Portofino availability in case I was missing something that was going on. HRH availability for our second night was zero (unless I want the suite that is over $2k ) but no problem with the other 2 - then I spotted that Hard Rock Live on our second night is hosting Slash with Miles Kennedy. Now although I am fully aware who Slash is, it is not a desire of mine to see him live
When I mentioned in passing to DH though, his eyes lit up - uh oh!
Anyway, he said he would love to see them (or words to that effect ) and was quite happy to go by himself and in general admission standing. As the concert finishes at 11:30 am hoping all will be okay for our second Universal day the morning after, but if DH needs a little lie in, myself and DD will do some rides and he can meet us for lunch
So this was acquired last night..

And that is my little weekend update!
Thanks for reading and to those going in August, tomorrow we will be saying we go to Orlando next month!

Edited to add - this worked out at less than £40 including all fees - bonus! 👍

Edited at 08:10 AM.
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Addition for DH!
So this little update is one that came about quite unexpectedly last night! I have been checking in with Charter Travel to keep an eye on quotes for Club Level room upgrade at HRH after reading about so many bargains Dibbers have had, but sadly it didn't drop below £265 for the 2 nights.. erm, no thanks! Then when I enquired a week or so ago, it was over £500 - say what?!
I had a look on the Loews site directly and (as you do) also looked at RPR and Portofino availability in case I was missing something that was going on. HRH availability for our second night was zero (unless I want the suite that is over $2k ) but no problem with the other 2 - then I spotted that Hard Rock Live on our second night is hosting Slash with Miles Kennedy. Now although I am fully aware who Slash is, it is not a desire of mine to see him live
When I mentioned in passing to DH though, his eyes lit up - uh oh!
Anyway, he said he would love to see them (or words to that effect ) and was quite happy to go by himself and in general admission standing. As the concert finishes at 11:30 am hoping all will be okay for our second Universal day the morning after, but if DH needs a little lie in, myself and DD will do some rides and he can meet us for lunch
So this was acquired last night..

And that is my little weekend update!
Thanks for reading and to those going in August, tomorrow we will be saying we go to Orlando next month!
That sounds great for dh, although I must confess I’ve never heard of that group! 🙈 But it’s always lovely if something just ‘happens to be happening’ and everything falls into place. Your countdown is really moving now... I just keep thinking “this time next year...”
Old 30 Jun 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
That sounds great for dh, although I must confess I’ve never heard of that group! 🙈 But it’s always lovely if something just ‘happens to be happening’ and everything falls into place. Your countdown is really moving now... I just keep thinking “this time next year...”
I'm with you on the Miles Kennedy thing - no idea! When I said 'Oh Slash is playing whilst we're at Universal, he is with another group..', straight away he guessed Miles Kennedy- I am still none the wiser 🤔😄
I am surprised how quickly the countdown went this time, think we had over 450 days when we booked! Yours will be here before you know it and you will soon be at the year mark 😊👍
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I have no idea how I've never seen this before so just catching up Gemma!

I cant' believe the bargain you got on the flights! Can't wait to see your review of this. I'm considering BA next time and flying from London to hopefully keep costs down so looking forward to that.

The plans look fab. We've done HRH and RPR and we loved both for different reasons. I think you'll love HRH

So glad you figured out the missing Trails End ADR! I love how chilled your holiday is going to be (maybe even a little jealous )

It's not long at all now is it. I'm all subscribed now so I will be following along Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I have no idea how I've never seen this before so just catching up Gemma!

I cant' believe the bargain you got on the flights! Can't wait to see your review of this. I'm considering BA next time and flying from London to hopefully keep costs down so looking forward to that.

The plans look fab. We've done HRH and RPR and we loved both for different reasons. I think you'll love HRH

So glad you figured out the missing Trails End ADR! I love how chilled your holiday is going to be (maybe even a little jealous )

It's not long at all now is it. I'm all subscribed now so I will be following along Xx
Ah thanks Kelly! I know it was a splurge but I have never seen such a small difference in price between PE and business so thought it would be rude not to.. 🤔😆
We actually booked 2 weeks at RPR back in 2011 in November/December and had even bagged a reservation to candlelight processional with Whoopie Goldberg narrating - then found out I was pregnant! So many rides at Universal and even Disney would have been out of bounds I couldn't justify the expense so we cancelled - now getting to go back with Daisy will be a lovely full circle (minus Whoopie of course 😂 😂 )
Can't believe I almost lost Trails End 😱 think I am most excited for fried chicken and mashed potatoes ( I am easily pleased 😊 )
I kind of broke the rules a little with my 'one day on, one day off' parks but with any luck may not even need the few extra Fast Passes I booked on those couple of days 🤞
Thanks for reading and commenting! Xx
Old 7 Jul 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Some little tweaks and a purchase!
So as is always the way, I have gone back and forth on some of our ADRs...

Would you believe it after all my faffing around to get my Trails End reservation back, I have swapped it out for The Wave at the Contemporary. Again I blame Dr JJ ( ) - plus the menu looked yummy and trying to even out our ratio of buffets to table service meals!
I have also opted to cancel our Flying Fish signature. We have another 2 signatures booked which I am happy with and looking at the menu for FF, there was nothing on it above and beyond my other choices that grabbed me when I scrutinised them
This does mean I can now book 2 meals in its place (method in my madness! ) I have opted for Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club and GF cafe at the Grand Floridian. Am really happy with these choices and menus look great for all of us, so hopefully I am now done in the dining sense
On the purchasing side, I opted for UltraSun and found a special offer on Facethefuture so ended up with these -

Nice little bag and beach ball included too, which will cone in handy for pool days and can use these in December when we go to Fuerteventura too
Can't believe the countdown is almost at 30 days now. We are off to Barmouth in 2 weeks for a few nights with DFIL so will be a nice break (although I am a proper weather jinx and always see rain when we go to Barmouth ). Got some food practice in too having booked meals for every night of our stay...
Hope everyone enjoying their Sunday, thanks for reading and TTFN!
Old 7 Jul 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

It's not a holiday if you don't change the ADRs

I'm looking forward to see how you get on with the Ultrasun I've heard fab reviews about it xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

So many places to eat and so little time looks like you’ve selected some great places though!
I’ve been trying ultra sun factor 30 for the first time this summer after reading many great reviews on the dibb! We love it! dd has eczema using most creams but this has been fantastic! I’ll take a look at the site you got yours off as we will need to stock up in factor 50 for next year!