Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Sep 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Sunday the 15th here as well
Sequoia Lodge 2006,Sequoia Lodge 2008,Sequoia Lodge 2009,Old Key West 2010,Sequoia Lodge 2011,Old Key West 2012,Old Key West 2014,Royal Pacific Resort 2016,Anaheim 2016,Sequoia Lodge 2018,Beach Club 2019
Bugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
rhyger
Excited about Disney

Mobile

On Saturday! Was feeling ok about it all as I was focused on everything that had to be done. Beginning to hit home now 😢
rhyger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rhyger View Post
On Saturday! Was feeling ok about it all as I was focused on everything that had to be done. Beginning to hit home now 😢
I think we are all feeling it’s too soon now. I’m sure the last few days will be very hard 😢 Hope the moving in day goes well x
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I do hope this weekend goes well for anyone moving their child to uni, or for the many who are spending the last weekend with them before they go 😢

We still have an extra week after that with Georgia (she moves on 21st) and I know a lot move then, and the last ones the week later.

It’s been so nice chatting on here about the whole process and I’m sure we can all still use this to share news of how our children are getting on and we are coping after they leave.

Georgia is excited but nervous but I think she is keen to start now as it’s been a long summer home and I think she is ready for a new challenge. She will miss us a lot, especially her pets but I’m sure she will find friends and be happy, and also come home quite often to see us (and the pets 😂 ). I will miss her a lot and as I don’t have a paid job, just my volunteering, I am going to have to find something to fill my time.

Good luck to everyone over the next few weeks. How is everyone feeling now? Are all our children ready for the move eagerly, nervously or a mixture of both?
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Maxymoo
Excited about Disney

We are down in Edinburgh ready to move him in tomorrow! He seems quite relaxed and excited. It’s me who will be the nervous wreck! I found it really hard to drive off and leave his older brother in a city 5 hrs from home 3 yrs ago and know it will be just as hard tomorrow.
Maxymoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I hope the moving in goes well for everyone this weekend!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Maxymoo View Post
We are down in Edinburgh ready to move him in tomorrow! He seems quite relaxed and excited. It’s me who will be the nervous wreck! I found it really hard to drive off and leave his older brother in a city 5 hrs from home 3 yrs ago and know it will be just as hard tomorrow.
Good luck for tomorrow. We have two older sons and it was hard leaving those, it certainly doesn’t get any easier. I think as Georgia is our last one, it is going to be even harder.
Old 7 Sep 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

If it’s any crumb of comfort, we’ve had two go to uni and it’s even tougher when they return home and you and them are adjusting back again.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Oh yes. I have boomerang kids too. A bit of adjustment needed all round.

All the best to everybody heading off and to all those getting ready to wave off.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List