Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Dec 22, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
Lovely to hear they are all doing well and coming home for Christmas. DD is still touring Scotland as Snow White she has been given the date of her final show before Christmas so she now finishes on the 23rd December. As its so late flights are full and due to the reduced service on the trains anyway by Avanti DH has decided to drive to bring her home. So he is driving up to Ayr on the 22nd December and then they will drive home once she is finished on the 23rd.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas xx
How lovely that she will be able to get home for Christmas. I have visions of your DH driving along to Chris Rea’s Driving Home for Christmas song to pick her up 😂

Will be able to see her performance on the 23rd or is it sold out? I do hope she’s had a wonderful time. Merry Christmas to you and the family too xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 22, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Georgia is home 💞

Merry Christmas to all, I hope you all enjoy your family Christmas together this year xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 22, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
How lovely that she will be able to get home for Christmas. I have visions of your DH driving along to Chris Rea’s Driving Home for Christmas song to pick her up 😂

Will be able to see her performance on the 23rd or is it sold out? I do hope she’s had a wonderful time. Merry Christmas to you and the family too xx
Only DH is driving up as I'm on emergency call for my mum Monday to Friday and trying to get my sisters to cover this close to Christmas ... well lets just say its not worth the hassle. And unfortunately he wont get to see the show as its at a school.

Really looking forward to having both kids home for a week.
Old 20 Dec 22, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
Only DH is driving up as I'm on emergency call for my mum Monday to Friday and trying to get my sisters to cover this close to Christmas ... well lets just say its not worth the hassle. And unfortunately he wont get to see the show as its at a school.

Really looking forward to having both kids home for a week.

Such a shame your DH won’t be able to see her performance, or that you can’t make the trip (although I fully understand that it’s easier than getting your sisters to cover, my DH is in a similar situation looking after an elderly sister 🙄 ).

It won’t be long til DD is home though and you can celebrate a wonderful Christmas together xx
Old 18 May 23, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Just popping on this thread with a little update on DD.

Her current contract is a maternity cover until the end of this school year. Today she had an interview for a year long contract teaching at a school about 15 minutes from home. She had a call earlier offering her the job starting in September so she’s absolutely thrilled.

I’m so happy for her particularly as her and her boyfriend are looking to buy a house so having a stable job will be great for the mortgage.

Hope everyone is happy and enjoying whatever they’re doing at the moment.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 23, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

That’s brilliant news MM, good luck to your daughter for the new job. It’s so lovely to hear that all her hard work had paid off, and I do hope that she finds a perfect house for herself and her boyfriend too.

Georgia has had a long interesting year studying her masters degree, and it’s been going well. She’s just about to start her final practical project which takes most of the summer, before she has to put a presentation together on it in September, so still a lot of work ahead for her. She’s also started cat sitting for people on their holidays, which gives her a little spending money and she loves looking after the cats in Bristol 😀 Plus she’s been with her boyfriend for just over a year now, he lives and works in Bristol too. So, she’s doing well although she’s working very hard
Old 18 May 23, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

That is great to hear MM!

I hope the summer project works out well for Georgia @DD

O has his last exam tomorrow (also his first one!) and he is home next week. He has a summer off traveling (Germany, Croatia and then a 4 week tour of South Africa, Botswana, Zimbawe and somewhere else I can’t remember) before he moves to London.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 23, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post

O has his last exam tomorrow (also his first one!) and he is home next week. He has a summer off traveling (Germany, Croatia and then a 4 week tour of South Africa, Botswana, Zimbawe Ava dominate wise I can’t remember) before he moves to London.
Good luck to O for his last exam. How lovely for you to get him home for a while soon too 💞

Sounds as if he has a fantastic summer ahead of him before he starts his new adventure in London
Old 19 May 23, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That’s brilliant news MM, good luck to your daughter for the new job. It’s so lovely to hear that all her hard work had paid off, and I do hope that she finds a perfect house for herself and her boyfriend too.

Georgia has had a long interesting year studying her masters degree, and it’s been going well. She’s just about to start her final practical project which takes most of the summer, before she has to put a presentation together on it in September, so still a lot of work ahead for her. She’s also started cat sitting for people on their holidays, which gives her a little spending money and she loves looking after the cats in Bristol 😀 Plus she’s been with her boyfriend for just over a year now, he lives and works in Bristol too. So, she’s doing well although she’s working very hard
Lovely to hear how well Georgia has been doing - you must be very proud.
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 23, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post

O has his last exam tomorrow (also his first one!) and he is home next week. He has a summer off traveling (Germany, Croatia and then a 4 week tour of South Africa, Botswana, Zimbawe and somewhere else I can’t remember) before he moves to London.
Good luck to O for his exam - sounds like he has a very exciting summer lined up.