Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Feb 12, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks great advice

Originally Posted by jojj View Post
£100 a day for 4 should be fine

Dont forget that you can always upgrade your breakfast from the hotel to a character breakfast at cafe mickey! you just pay the difference, we have done that a couple of times! you need to ask them at the dining reservations in the hotel, not at the reception desk! a bit of a cheaper way to get a character breakfast! lol!

hth
which hotel are you staying in?
xx
thanks i think thats a great idea as ive booked us in for breakfast and felt like we would be wasting money xxxx:
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 12, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

I am so sorry to hear that! Did you try booking eurostar through the Disney website? Because it is more expensive this way. Have you try checking through eurostar direct?

I think the kids are mobile enough that perhaps Eurostar to Paris and then switch to RER to Disney might be possible. There is change but if you travel light enough, it is very do-able.

I won't really advise flying if possible because the transfer from airport to hotel can be quite expensive
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 12, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I was in DLP Feb 12-15 and there were 10 of us (4 adults, 6 children) staying in Newport Bay. We were also on a budget. We brought a travel kettle with us as we love our cuppa. We also brought a box of coco pops as the kids like those at night for "supper" and a few Pot Noodles in case the hunger pangs hit the teens (as it always does).

For good value in Disney itself we had 2 mainstays that we kept going back to - the Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village and Colonel Haithi's Pizza Outpost in Disneyland Park (not for the pizza but for the Penne Pasta Bolognese and the Lasagne meal deals - €10 and €12 respectively - really really tasty and include garlic bread roll, drink & with the lasagne a small Magnum).

The shop inside the train station was great for picking up milk on the way back to the hotel, we needed it for the baby anyway so bought it every day. It was so cold the balcony doubled as a fridge for the milk! We could see milk out on lots of peoples balconies We did take an odd bread roll at breakfast for the 2 littlies to have during the day but nothing other than that... actually strike that, my niece brought home a few of the small sachets of Nutella that you get at breakfast, she thought they were "cute" The breakfast selection at NPB was really good and we were so full that we didn't need to eat until late afternoon each day.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 12, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by KK_Cat View Post
I was in DLP Feb 12-15 and there were 10 of us (4 adults, 6 children) staying in Newport Bay.

For good value in Disney itself we had 2 mainstays that we kept going back to - the Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village and Colonel Haithi's Pizza Outpost in Disneyland Park (not for the pizza but for the Penne Pasta Bolognese and the Lasagne meal deals - €10 and €12 respectively - really really tasty and include garlic bread roll, drink & with the lasagne a small Magnum).
Wow some great tips! Thanks for the info about Colonel Haithi's Pizza Outpost - I've been desperate to try this as the photo's of the Pizza from there I've seen look amazing; but DH won't eat things if there is too much cheese on them but he would eat the Penne Pasta Bolgnese; which means I get my pizza!
Old 2 Mar 12, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Aw Sorry to hear you cant go now, But like someone said if you go back later in the year, you will get to see the 20th Celebrations ... may aswell keep the thread going

Im not so much on a budget next time i go (be a first) But presvious times we had been.
We tok our own snacks, Cereal bars crisps, Pot noodles etc for the room if we were hungry at night.
We re stocked on those sort of snacks at the garage near the Santa fe! Which is a good price... especially after seeing the prices in the Park

Im not sure if i could myself take things at breakfast, more of that i would worry about begin caught think i would be quite embarassed being stopped and asked to take bread rolls out of my bag and you can bet your life i would be that person to be caught.

I have heard also that the train station shop is good prices too! I havent tried that myself but i will have a look this time, for maybe some room snacks.
Old 2 Mar 12, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mrs Pluto View Post
Im not so much on a budget next time i go (be a first) But presvious times we had been.
We tok our own snacks, Cereal bars crisps, Pot noodles etc for the room if we were hungry at night.
We re stocked on those sort of snacks at the garage near the Santa fe! Which is a good price... especially after seeing the prices in the Park

That's great news! We're staying at the Santa Fe; so will be great to stock up on essentials cheaper than in the Parks!

I have heard also that the train station shop is good prices too! I havent tried that myself but i will have a look this time, for maybe some room snacks.
We used to pick up a large 1.5 litre bottle of Vittel in the train shop to take back to our hotel for 2.60 Euros; which was what the park were charging for the small bottles!
Old 2 Mar 12, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by aliscrapper View Post
We used to pick up a large 1.5 litre bottle of Vittel in the train shop to take back to our hotel for 2.60 Euros; which was what the park were charging for the small bottles!
Yes def a great saver, its a shame i didnt know that it was there years ago! could of saved loads

2.60 for a small bottle of water Thats good to know that the train shop have much better prices!
Old 2 Mar 12, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mrs Pluto View Post
Yes def a great saver, its a shame i didnt know that it was there years ago! could of saved loads

I didn't even realise the shop at the Eurostar did anything past chocolate bars and cans; but I read somewhere on one of the Forums that they are quit cheap for sandwiches too; altho Earl of Sandwich I can't wait to try!

2.60 for a small bottle of water Thats good to know that the train shop have much better prices!
Definitely a saver! Make sure when you get a receipt; they haven't given you a second receipt with a free drink on it that you can collect at the time on the receipt from the outlets listed. Also if you pay for counter service make sure you pay for your meals separately; so hopefully you get more free drink receipts!
Old 2 Mar 12, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by aliscrapper View Post
Definitely a saver! Make sure when you get a receipt; they haven't given you a second receipt with a free drink on it that you can collect at the time on the receipt from the outlets listed. Also if you pay for counter service make sure you pay for your meals separately; so hopefully you get more free drink receipts!

Oh yes i keep reading about this! Has this deal been going on for years? I never knew about it when i went in 2009 and previous.
I did buy quite a few hot chocolates from the little outside coffee places. Do you not get them with the carts? Or is it when you buy your drinks via counter service?
will def keep this in mind! - Paying separately
Old 2 Mar 12, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
pcnine28
Imagineer

Some good tips :-)
This is how I personally view taking food from the buffet -
If it's on my plate because I wanted it ie like a roll or a cookie, then I decide that I am too full, I will happily wrap it up and take it for later. Why? Coz it would only be thrown away anyway, no ones going to put it back on the buffet for someone else.
But would I finish my breakfast and then go and get some stuff to put in my bag?
No, I wouldn't, doesn't seem right to me.
But that's just me :-)
Do they do the free drink voucher on the receipt all year round?
pcnine28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread