Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Mar 24, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneypls
Imagineer

Which restaurants should we try

Iím clued up on restaurants in WDW but dlp.
Any must do ones? Not bothered about characters anymore but I do have a fussy eater who mainly eats chips chicken pizza and pasta.
Kids are 12&13
Thanks
Disneypls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 24, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We last went 15 years ago! But remember the Pizzeria Bella Notte very fondly. Pizza, pasta, salad, garlic bread... indoors or better outdoors where you see the characters coming and going as there is a "back door" entrance/exit for them opposite the walkway outside.

Last time we went there was an impromptu Princesses with their Princes dance going on right in front of the seating area.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 24, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

I've not been for a few years but always love the Rainforest Cafe in the Disney Village. I love Captain Jack's in the Pirates ride, but it isn't great for fussy eaters. The ambience and view are amazing though.
I also really like the Silver Spur Steakhouse and have had several good meals there.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 24, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nomis
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchfan626 View Post
I've not been for a few years but always love the Rainforest Cafe in the Disney Village. I love Captain Jack's in the Pirates ride, but it isn't great for fussy eaters. The ambience and view are amazing though.
I also really like the Silver Spur Steakhouse and have had several good meals there.
Itís a few years since I have been there but I thought the location of Captain jacks is great and unique but the menu is incredibly limited and the food less than mediocre. If it want where it was it would be empty
Nomis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 24, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ClippedWings
Excited about Disney

PYM kitchen is a great buffet with a good mix of Ďbrowní food and other bits with a good fun theme.
ClippedWings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 24, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Colonel Haiti's is great for quick serve pizza and pasta. Or Vapiano in the village for a more sit-down meal!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 24, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Brasserie Rosalie has just opened, looks a classic French bistro but hugey overpriced. Likewise the Royal Pub which looks like Wetherspoons food at Ritz prices!

We have Pym Kitchen booked but as our next trip is a budget(ish) one staying offsite, we will probably eat in Val díEurope more.

We donít rate the counter service food (agonisingly slow queues, although mobile ordering should help) and the food is so-so at best. That said, Hakuna Matata is not bad and Casa de Coco (previously Fuente delíOro) should be decent.

Earl of Sandwich is always reliable.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 24, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
debbiebee
Proud to wear my Ears

Is Earl of Sandwich still open?
debbiebee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 24, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
As far as Iím aware!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 24, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

If you have fussy eaters then I would avoid the table service restaurants and go for the buffets. At least that way they will find something they like and you won't feel like you've wasted your money.

Pym Kitchen in the Studios has a decent buffet. If you're staying at an onsite hotel then the hotels all have good buffets. These are where we tend to eat now.

For something a bit more special, you may want to look at the menu for Walt's. This is table service in a very nice setting but they have done a macaroni cheese or chilli con carne in the past which my kids like. Also Silver Spur Steakhouse and the nearby Lucky Nugget are good for burgers, good theming, both table service though.

My kids have never liked the food in Remy's or Captain Jacks, which are nicely themed table service restaurants but have always been a waste of money for us.

Edited at 08:24 AM.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List