Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Mar 24, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Dis88
Trying for More Ears

Character breakfast at plaza gardens

Hi all

Does anyone know if they are still doing a character breakfast at plaza gardens?

There never seems to be any availability for breakfast on the app and the opening times are just shown as 6-9pm now.

Also, we are due to go in June and it says that the character dining at plaza gardens is closed for refurb. However again it only refers to evening hours. If this is correct and plaza gardens is closed for both breakfast and dinner when we go, are there any other character meals we can do?

We are not staying at the Disneyland hotel so I donít think we book either of the character meals at the hotel restaurants. The app also says auberge de cendrillon is closed for refurb in June!

Surely they wonít have closed all the character dining options except the ones for DL hotel guests at the same time?!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Dis88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 24, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

I don't think you can book Plaza Gardens character breakfast through the app, you need to do it either by phoning up or on the website (although we are staying at a Disney hotel so not sure if its the same if you are not staying in a Disney hotel). No idea if its closed in June or not though.

You can book lunch at The Royal Banquet in the Disneyland hotel if you are staying in any Disney hotel, its only dinner that you need to stay in the Disneyland hotel to book.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 24, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Dis88
Trying for More Ears

Thanks this is helpful! I didnít realise that about The Royal Banquet.

We stayed offsite at the Center Parcs last year and I still managed to book the character breakfast at plaza gardens on the app 60 days before. Perhaps they have changed it! I will have to try and get in touch with DLP directly to see whatís going on. Thanks for the reply.
Old 25 Mar 24, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
The refurb thing happened before I went in December. Turns out it was an error. So potentially the same issue.

If you are staying in a Disney hotel and booked direct with Disney, you can add on character meals with them direct, you just have to pay in advance.

The plaza gardens character breakfast is available on the app 3 days before. On site guests can book both times (with the exception of Davy Crockett who can only book the later time). Those offsite can only book the later sitting.

Royal banquet character lunch is available to book for all on site guests, but I believe this is not possible to book on the app, except maybe DLH guests.

I donít know about booking the meals through a travel agent, hence why I have not mentioned that.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 24, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Dis88
Trying for More Ears

Thatís interesting about the refurb thing happening in December too. Hopefully it is an error as it would seem crazy to have both character dining options (other than those in the DL hotel) closed at the same time.

Last year we stayed offsite and still managed to book the earlier character breakfast slot via the app 60 days out - I suspect this might have been a glitch that worked in our favour.

I have been checking the app 3 days out for a while to see if any character breakfast reservations come up and Iím seeing nothing, where as last year there was quite alot.

We are staying offsite again this year. Sounds like the best thing to do will be to ring up 60 days before to try and make our dining reservations and see what they say!

Thanks for your help 😊
Old 27 Mar 24, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

Yes ring 60 days out - the app isnít very good. We are staying at the sequoia in November and should have been able to book 12 months in advance - but - the app was saying I could only book 60 days in advance. I rang up and they booked it for me no problem. Same happened tying to book Downtown - the times were saying available on the app but it wouldnít let you book - I rang again and they sorted that for me too.
Bellemum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 24, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

We are here now staying at Sequoia and did this today at the 9:45 sitting. I was able to pay for this online a while beforehand as an upgrade as we had breakfast included.

Well organised with plenty of characters - 6 in total. Eeyore, Tigger, Captain Hook, Smee, Gepetto & Pinocchio. In addition to this we have seen a lot of pop up character spots whilst here. They didnít seem to be advertised but they were a lot of additional ones dotted about the park.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 24, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Dis88
Trying for More Ears

Thanks all! Interestingly since I originally posted I am seeing breakfast reservations appearing again now.

I will try both the app and calling up at 60 days out. Fingers crossed plaza gardens isnít closed for refurb!