Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 31 May 16, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post

I4 hell

Hi there,

Can anyone help at all, here now, we are staying at a villa in Davenport, which is great.

However the traffic on the I4 is becoming a real issue, should it be taking us 45 minutes to get back from international drive ? And if so can someone give some alternative routes so that I avoid the I4 !

The last 2 nights both DS have been fast asleep by the time we get home but mainly because we are sitting in traffic for c45/50 minutes at 9.30 pm !

Thanks in advance.

Max
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
We have been in Kissimmee for 10 nights, the traffic hasn't been so bad until this weekend. Memorial weekend has been extremely busy, but hopefully lots will be heading home tonight and things should calm down again. Davenport is a big area if you tell us the community you are on and where on I Drive you will be, might be able to help with some alternatives.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Perhaps it's quicker to avoid the I4 completely and travel along the Poinciana Blvd and pick up the 17?
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi, we had the same problem yesterday , we are in Davenport too( Calabay parc) we end up coming back partly on the Florida turnpike from mall at milenia yesterday, it's a toll but was worth every one of the 75 cents!

We are heading to the poly tomorrow so just about to plan a route!
Old 31 May 16, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

I recommend using GoogleMaps. There is an option for turning traffic on, so you can see where it is busy. If you put the start and end points in, it will suggest a route, and possibly a couple of alternatives, together with approximate times. If you don't like the route, drag it to a neighbouring road and see what the effect is.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks for your replies, OH is getting herself very worked up about it which isn't ideal, I've been saying I thought it was because of memorial weekend but I wasn't convincing myself !

We are staying on a small community called Aylesbury very near Posner boulevard on the 27. The problem is I don't know what other routes to take is I wouldn't know to use the Florida turnpike even though I'd be happy to pay !

We are off to Discovery Cove early doors tomorrow morning so hoping will miss the traffic but then dreading the journey home already !
Old 31 May 16, 02:39 AM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
If you have a sat nav can you set it to avoid motorways - that's what we do as we're here now and also finding it an issue - I've never known it so busy and the amount of crashes has seemed very high!

You can often do the 192 around to different places but you might encounter a toll road x
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
wozwebs
Getting Excited

Having same issues, in Davenport. Spoke to neighbour who lives here and he said it should be fine from tomorrow onwards. Just memorial weekend. Like a ghost town normally compared he said. Took us 1hr 10 to get back from Epcot yesterday when it took 20 minutes to get there in the morning. Restaurants were quiet tonight too compared to Sunday night. Guess it's like a UK bank holiday. Weekend is busy but the Monday everyone is thinking about getting back to work.
wozwebs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post

That's good to know wozwebs, we have an early ADR tomorrow at MK and are choking into the poly, we plan on heading along the 27 to the 192 and avoid the I4
Old 31 May 16, 03:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Fingers crossed all those pesky tourist have gone home so things can return to normal tomorrow !

Thanks all !
Closed Thread