Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Sep 17, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Me, 3 and gluten free - Day 1 Magic Kingdom

If you wish to read along, index is Here

Misery and I were up at 5:30am and I very kindly decided to wake the kids up too the three of them decided that 6am is the perfect time to try out the pool and all jumped in their swimming gear before i could say 'but we're going to Disney!'

I managed to cajole them out after half an hour and we got our breakfast and cups of tea out the way, misery and teen monster had a bowl of. Hex each (was pleasantly surprised to find they were gltuen free and had not had the price jacked up despite it being emblazoned across the box!). Teen did inform me they had no taste, but as a child who puts 4 sugars in a coffee I dont put much store by his sense of taste! We then packed up ready for the very first park.

Now we informed the kids that they were more than old enough to sort and carry their own bags so everyone was weighed down with a bottle of water and a bag of crisps to keep them going in the park (the days of mum the pack horse are long gone! If you can walk round the park you can carry your own stuff!). Hats and cream were shoved on to both protesting children and an equally protesting husband whilst simultaniously uttering dire warnings about the floridian sun and burning to within an inch of their lives (aimed particularly at my son who could give casper the friendly ghost a run for his money in the colour department . . . One of the many rubbish genetics he inherited from me )

Warning! TMI moment forthcoming! If you do not like reading about bathroom habits, skip ahead to the next paragraph!
Before leaving I decide that a last minute bathroom stop is in order and pop off to do my business. Upon standing up i turn round to flush to find a little grasshopper type creature swimming round in the bowl! Now, various emotions hit me all at once, the first being, the horror that thing was swimming round underneath me and those loo's are not very deep! The second was concern over what i was then meant to do about this (though admittedly it seemed quite happy swimming round randomly using the toilet paper as a kind of life raft at various intervals) and finally guilt that i'd basically done my business in this poor little creatures home! (Is this how drunk people feel the morning after when they remember that bursting need and availing themselves of the nearest shop door or neighbours shrubbery?). The worst part was though, that while watching it swim happily round and round I did muse 'should I take a photo of this for my trip report?', you'll be pleased to know I decided against it! I am sorry to say that the poor grasshopper did end up on a one way trip down the waste pipe as I just couldnt figure out how to get him out!

Anyway! On with the day!

We get out the trusty Waze app and set off for Magic Kingdom! i will admit it, i started to cry as we drove underneath the sign welcoming us to Disney, a very long time coming and I got a bit overwhelmed.

Once we arrived, we paid our $20 and were directed to follow the blue line to the disabled parking which is right down the front within walking distance of the monorail (there are also wheelchairs by the parking to be borrowed if needed).

On to the monorail and the very first sight of the castle come into view which sets me off again! I think im hiding it extremely well from the family but misery who is sat next to me, gives my hand a squeeze so i obviously wasn't doing as well as i thought!

We arrive at Magic Kingdom at 8:40am and scan in for the very first time! We walk down main street and I hold myself together as I dont think I can legitimately cry three times in the space of 20 minutes but do feel my eyes prickle as I walk toward the magic castle. We queue up waiting for rope drop so we can do the dash for 7 dwarves (which I had only managed to get a fastpass for later in the holiday) and the opening ceremony begins

Rope drops and we weave our way to the 7 dwarves and have an approximate 15 min wait to ride. Chunky is in her element as this is the one ride she has been desperate to get on so I was adamant it would be the first ride we rode. It was then onto Peter Pan which said 30 min wait but was actually 20 mins and was mainly due to a breakdown and people interacting with the projections. Next it was time for our first fastpass, splash mountain! We all agreed it was awesome, chunky put us all to shame, in our photo, we're all holding on for dear life but she's there wit her arms raised in the air like she just dont care! as we arrived so late it was only 10 minutes until orur second fastpass, thunder mountain which instantly became our favourite ride! The kids then rode Aladdin (misery and I do not do rides that go round and round!) and the finally pirates of the Caribbean before we called it a day at 12:15pm.

We detoured via city hall to pick up a variety of badges and then headed back to the monorail and our car.

We head home via,Walmart to buy more rubbish before heading home and the kids hitting the pool again. We make the decision to order pizza for delivery from Pizza Hut as they do a gluten free pizza. We order G/F cheese pizza for monster, a large cheese pizza for the three of us to share with some garlic dough balls and a portion of chips. The pizza was massive and we didnt manage to finish it, a medium would have done us fine! I ordered via the online service and managed to find a $5 off coupon on hotukdeals. I didnt manage to get any photos as my pack of wild dogs ravaged it before i could get my phone out! (I do much better as we go along in the holiday, i promise!) but monster said the G/F pizza was very good and i am more than welcome to order again from there

We were all in bed by 9:30 as we were shattered from our long day.

Tomorrow: Animal Kingdom!

Edited at 02:12 AM.
jakesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

A good first day and well done for holding it together, I'm not that reserved unfortunately (much to DD concerned 😳 distain 😱😂 )
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Had to chuckle at you saying you went to Walmart to buy more rubbish. I can't remember ever going to Walmart for anything we actually needed haha.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Ahh this brought tears to my eyes i know just how you felt.
debsym62 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 04:58 AM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
A good first day and well done for holding it together, I'm not that reserved unfortunately (much to DD concerned 😳 distain 😱😂 )
It was so hard! I was a wreck and them three are all 'yeah! Where are the rides woman!' If it had just been me and misery i think i'd have been blubbering everytime i was told to 'have a magical day'

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Had to chuckle at you saying you went to Walmart to buy more rubbish. I can't remember ever going to Walmart for anything we actually needed haha.
I think out of all the numerous shopping trips we've done to Walmart, the only legitimate items we've bought are loo roll, some bread and some ham! Everything else was sweets, crisps, biscuits and macaroni cheese

Originally Posted by debsym62 View Post
Ahh this brought tears to my eyes i know just how you felt.
It was so magical! Misery and I were both really worried it wouldnt be what id built it up to be in my head, but ive spent most of the last ten days in awe and close to tears!