Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Jun 18, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
How strange. I never get bitten and last week in Abu Dhabi I was bitten on the arm and it itched like hell. Only now has it gone down a bit but it's still there. I bought some of the Avon stuff for our trip to Japan, but I'll be taking it everywhere and probably will need it here by the sounds of it
I got bitten something terrible in Abu Dhabi last May. They were horrendous, came up really bad. I even got bit on my face which has never happened before.
I was bitten this may as well on the west coast. I’ve actually bought some spray on insect repellent and plug ins for the room for when we go to Florida in a fortnight as I’m fed up with it.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I got bitten again in England which blistered. I had my socks and shoes on too!
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I was bitten quite badly on Friday evening (UK) they’ve only just appeared today but have been itching since Friday. They’re suddenly huge big angry bites.OH has some too also from Friday. One of his is massive and looks particularly gross and weepy 🤮
We’ve just taken antihistamines so hopefully that might help.
How weird that they’re only just showing up today

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I've got two huge horsefly bites at the top on my thigh. The little beggars must have gone up my shorts leg. Thigh is really swollen, bright red and hard. I think I might need a trip to the chemists.😢
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I've got two huge horsefly bites at the top on my thigh. The little beggars must have gone up my shorts leg. Thigh is really swollen, bright red and hard. I think I might need a trip to the chemists.😢
Oh that sounds awful! Definitely go and see the pharmacist, they can be nasty bites x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Oh that sounds awful! Definitely go and see the pharmacist, they can be nasty bites x
Thanks Louise, I am going to shortly. Its on the side of my thigh, right at the top, almost on my hip, its massively swollen. I am going to feel a right wally lifting my skirt to show the pharmacist!
DD just had a look and said it looks like I am turning into Kim Kardashian!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have had this quite a lot in the past where I have had horsefly bites which have resulted in cellulitis. Sadly the pharmacy weren't able to do anything, other than offer anti histamines and cream, and I have had to go to the doctors instead to get antibiotics. If the redness is spreading and its getting increasingly painful, I would definitely go to someone who is able to write prescriptions (for some reason I thought the pharmacist could, but they said they couldn't help...). I think infected bites is about the only reason I ever go to the doctors these days..!
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
TRACCOOPER
Excited about Disney

I do this and it seems to help a lot, no prevention tricks as they seems to love my skin

lifehacker/use-a-hot-spo...ites-615912899
TRACCOOPER is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would go to the GP as you prob need antibiotics
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I work in a pharmacy in the West. We had 16 people with horsefly bites in TODAY - SIXTEEN - TODAY!

ALL of which were infected, sent to the doctor/walk in clinic and returned with prescriptions for antibiotics. Pharmacist was a locum and was getting a bit "Do you always have this many queries..?"

He was run off his feet poor chap.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List