Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Nov 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

I did Motiongate as we had a complimentary ticket, it was amazing! I did spot that Six Flags is opening in 2019...
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
CSTUARTt1980
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by jazzluvva View Post
We went to Motiongate last year, its great. Hand on heart, the Dragon Flyers Family Coaster is the best ride I've ever been on. We were only in Dubai for an overnight, as we were staying with friends in Abu Dahbi, we're visiting them again this coming summer so the new Warner Bros Theme Park is on the to do list.
Yeah it was motiongate that we were thinking in. Is it better to get the tickets before you go like it is for Florida?
CSTUARTt1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CSTUARTt1980 View Post
Yeah it was motiongate that we were thinking in. Is it better to get the tickets before you go like it is for Florida?
Our friends arranged complimentaries for us, so we didn't have to look into ticket deals etc. It was last August that we went. There was a Hunger Games Coaster area that was still being built at the time. The Park didn't open till 3pm (yes really! Probably because of heat). It was desserted, so no queues at the Gate & all rides were walk ons. Character meets are of the standard we've all come to expect.
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Spotted this which may be of use
costco/Member-Only...Adult/p/234947
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by charly77 View Post
I did Motiongate as we had a complimentary ticket, it was amazing! I did spot that Six Flags is opening in 2019...
We were there in half term and I don’t think there is any way 6 flags will be open in 2019. You could see past the hoardings from certain points and it looked like there was nothing even started to be built, just waste land still. I read an article saying much the same and surmising that there are serious money issues with the whole resort due to low visitor numbers. Shame.
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CSTUARTt1980
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by jazzluvva View Post
Our friends arranged complimentaries for us, so we didn't have to look into ticket deals etc. It was last August that we went. There was a Hunger Games Coaster area that was still being built at the time. The Park didn't open till 3pm (yes really! Probably because of heat). It was desserted, so no queues at the Gate & all rides were walk ons. Character meets are of the standard we've all come to expect.
Sounds good. I'm loving the idea of no queues 😀😀
CSTUARTt1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We did Motiongate this October half term. The theming was great and a big part of the park is indoors which is good for the heat. Still no queues and I think most of the people in the park that week were Brits on the free tickets Emirates were giving away when you booked with them for this year.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CSTUARTt1980 View Post
This is good to know. The kids are looking forward to it. Any hints and tips for things to do?
Hi, the water parks are good both Atlantis and Wild Wadi, although I think Atlantis is better. As well as the parks mentioned, I think Ferrari world in Abu Dhabi and the New Warner brothers I’m sure will be good. I always stay in Abu Dhabi now, but probably only if you have real car fanatics you may Ferrari world worth the travel. The Yas marina race track tour is good too.

You really don’t need to buy your tickets before hand unless there is a promotion on. I didn’t the first time as we were using the entertainer vouchers and there was no mad rush at the ticket counters- actually quite the opposite
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
CSTUARTt1980
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Hi, the water parks are good both Atlantis and Wild Wadi, although I think Atlantis is better. As well as the parks mentioned, I think Ferrari world in Abu Dhabi and the New Warner brothers I’m sure will be good. I always stay in Abu Dhabi now, but probably only if you have real car fanatics you may Ferrari world worth the travel. The Yas marina race track tour is good too.

You really don’t need to buy your tickets before hand unless there is a promotion on. I didn’t the first time as we were using the entertainer vouchers and there was no mad rush at the ticket counters- actually quite the opposite
This is good to know about the water parks as we are staying in the atlantis for 3 nights at the end of the holiday so will be making full use of the water park and aquarium xx