Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 31 Jan 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
O-Town MANC
Excited about Disney

Mobile August Car Hire

Hi all

Looking for a 7 seater for 14/08/19 - 29/08/19 and only getting silly prices back. Circa 800 from some places when I paid 500 for the same number of days last year. Brits is about that figure but just checked Virgin Atlantic (not flying with them) and been quoted £654.

Do I bite at £654 or do people think it will go down in price?

Thanks in advance!
2005 Best Western I-Drive / 2009 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2010 Orange Lakes Kissimmee / 2011 Disney Cast Member / 2012 International Palms I-Drive / 2013 Lake Wilson Preserve / 2014 Wilderness Lodge / 2015 Calabay Parc / 2016 Ramada Gateway / 2017 Calabay Parc / 2018 Southern Dunes / 2019 Sanctuary at West Haven / 2020 Coronado Springs
O-Town MANC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Bird in the hand etc etc.

I would be securing that Virgin price, which can be cancelled anyhow then searching daily via all the usual suspects. Brits, Andy, VA, Netflights, Auto Europe etc etc.

The problem is you are late to the party. The best prices were when they launched them. However what's done is done and I'm sure something will pop up.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
byeo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

I would be securing that Virgin price, which can be cancelled anyhow then searching daily via all the usual suspects. Brits, Andy, VA, Netflights, Auto Europe etc etc.

The problem is you are late to the party. The best prices were when they launched them. However what's done is done and I'm sure something will pop up.
When does Alamo and the like release their prices? I keep looking for 2020 on DFCH and Alamo Brits etc... No luck yet, DFCH is only showing Hertz at the moment.
07' Disney's All-Star Music Resort
10' Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
byeo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
O-Town MANC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I booked last year with the same amount of time between booking and departing.

Think you're right about booking the best price now and continuing to look, seems the most sensible thing to do.

Thanks Tom, really appreciate the advice.
2005 Best Western I-Drive / 2009 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2010 Orange Lakes Kissimmee / 2011 Disney Cast Member / 2012 International Palms I-Drive / 2013 Lake Wilson Preserve / 2014 Wilderness Lodge / 2015 Calabay Parc / 2016 Ramada Gateway / 2017 Calabay Parc / 2018 Southern Dunes / 2019 Sanctuary at West Haven / 2020 Coronado Springs
O-Town MANC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by byeo View Post
When does Alamo and the like release their prices? I keep looking for 2020 on DFCH and Alamo Brits etc... No luck yet, DFCH is only showing Hertz at the moment.
Hi. 12 Months exactly is the norm. So you could book a 1 day hire on Brits today for 31st Jan 2020 as that is as far out as they load the prices.

I know what date I want to go and for how long so for example a 3 week hire in mid August 2020 I would be looking very early Sept 2020 for prices.

Virgin Atlantic is the exception to the rule and they quote out about 18 months. However I find their prices are a bit silly for that far in advance but it is a starter for ten as a base line to work off.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
OP. I have had a look around at prices and can't get near the Virgin one.

Old 31 Jan 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just 9 days ago the price for Full Size SUV for my dates in June (7-21) was £714.
Crept down to £708, £697, £674. Then boom--£516!
My limit was £550 or opt for a Standard.

However, I was able to play that way as I would "like" a larger car, but don't particularly need it.

Mr TM's opinion of locking in the Virgin price is on the money.
Then search daily to see if there are reductions.

These prices were via Andy@DFCH.

Good Luck.
May 2023 Rosen Int'l
JP81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
byeo
Very Serious Dibber

Hi. 12 Months exactly is the norm. So you could book a 1 day hire on Brits today for 31st Jan 2020 as that is as far out as they load the prices.

I know what date I want to go and for how long so for example a 3 week hire in mid August 2020 I would be looking very early Sept 2020 for prices.

Virgin Atlantic is the exception to the rule and they quote out about 18 months. However I find their prices are a bit silly for that far in advance but it is a starter for ten as a base line to work off.
As always, thank you.
07' Disney's All-Star Music Resort
10' Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
byeo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List