Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jun 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TRACCOOPER
Excited about Disney

Its as simple as calories in v calories out.

If you get a fitbit that monitors your heart rate it will tell you how many calories you are burning. Log your food in My fitness pal app to calculate what you are eating. Stay in deficit and you will loose weight. Move more if you want to eat more, doesn't need to be 5k runs, 10k steps a day is a good start.

As you log foods you will get an idea of which foods are 'better value' for the calories and fill you up, generally higher protein foods will fill you better : fish eggs chicken etc.

I now swap perhaps grated cheese on my lunch for a couple of squares of dark chocolate with a cuppa later, that way I don't feel I am denying myself any foods.

Good luck
TRACCOOPER is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Arm yourself with the proper tools, treat it like a good workman does, if you don’t have the proper tools you may get there but much more slowly than if you have the right tools. Calories in v calories out.dont use a Fitbit as a guide for calories expended, if they were accurate I would weigh 2st 5lbs, don’t deny yourself the occasional treat but keep it within your calories.Do not crash diet, slow and steady wins the race and more importantly allows your skin to adjust so it isn’t hanging.You can do it, work up to drink 2litres of plain water a day it does help. remember you are not in this alone. Try a little exercise too, it helps tighten things and gives shape.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TRACCOOPER
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
Arm yourself with the proper tools, treat it like a good workman does, if you don’t have the proper tools you may get there but much more slowly than if you have the right tools. Calories in v calories out.dont use a Fitbit as a guide for calories expended, if they were accurate I would weigh 2st 5lbs, don’t deny yourself the occasional treat but keep it within your calories.Do not crash diet, slow and steady wins the race and more importantly allows your skin to adjust so it isn’t hanging.You can do it, work up to drink 2litres of plain water a day it does help. remember you are not in this alone. Try a little exercise too, it helps tighten things and gives shape.
why do do find the fit bit so unreliable for calorie expended?
TRACCOOPER is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Simple Traccooper, just looked back my calories on Fitbit for Monday through Sunday Fitbit says 24,000 Calories burnt. My plan for the week is 15,000 calls, so 9,000 calls difference, my weight is static but if I were truly in that deficit I would still be losing weight. Therefore why they are a guide they aren’t super accurate imo.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I 100% recommend you read a book called ' Have your cake and your skinny jeans too' by Josie Spinardi. It totally makes you understand food better and is not a diet but works.
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I joined Slimming World a few weeks ago after trying unsuccessfully to “do it myself”. I don’t go to classes and just do it online but I wanted to do something I hadn’t tried before. It has it’s pros and cons like any healthy eating plan but so far I’ve lost 11lb in 4 weeks. I think you need to be properly motivated or it doesn’t work. I just had a moment where I weighed myself and was horrified. I joined that day.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Guys and gals do not get stressed if your weight fluctuates a bit during the day, it is normal, as long as the trend is down and weigh yourself at the same time on the same day so you can better judge progress
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
Guys and gals do not get stressed if your weight fluctuates a bit during the day, it is normal, as long as the trend is down and weigh yourself at the same time on the same day so you can better judge progress
Just this!
Every litre of water weighs a pound... I was drinking 4-5 litres a day... There is no way I'd weigh myself after breakfast let alone at 6 pm!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Every litre of water weighs a kilo which is 2.2lbs, or in old money, a pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
zaraleo
slightly serious Dibber

Hi ...I used to be a big advocate of slimming world until my brother told me about a local guy called Ritchie howey ..ladies this man is amazing ..he has a fab page if you’d like to look him up ..he’s a personal trainer and gives you soo much insight into diets and foods you should eat ..I now doing nothing but what he says and the weight is dropping off ...it’s real food you eat ..not starving your body from the fats you need for you body to run at its best ..if you want to give him a look up it’s TEAM RH FITNESS on fb 😃