Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 Nov 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Disney with the Dufflers - Take 2 - Jul 2019 - Day 14 - Magic Kingdom and Narcoossee's

Pre-Trip Report

Day 0 - Monday 1st July 2019 - Overnight at the Radisson Blu, Manchester Airport

Day 1 - Tuesday 2nd July 2019 - Travel day and arrival at Sapphire Falls

Day 2 - Wednesday 3rd July 2019 - Universal Studios and Hard Rock Cafe

Day 3 - Thursday 4th July 2019 - Islands of Adventure, Bahama Breeze and Bar 17 @ Aventura

Day 4 - Friday 5th July 2019 - Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure and our move to CSR

Day 5 - Saturday 6th July 2019 - Magic Kingdom and 'Ohana

Day 6 - Sunday 7th July 2019 - Pool day, Disney Springs and The Boathouse

Day 7 - Monday 8th July 2019 - Epcot and Tutto Italia

Day 8 - Tuesday 9th July 2019 - Typhoon Lagoon, Dahlia Lounge and Blaze

Day 9 - Wednesday 10th July 2019 - The Florida Open, Bon Voyage Breakfast and California Grill

Day 10 - Thursday 11th July 2019 - Le Cellier, Hollywood Studios and Fantasmic

Day 11 - Friday 12th July 2019 - Animal Kingdom, Polite Pig and the Dahlia Lounge

Day 12 - Saturday 13th July 2019 - DHS and the Flying Fish

Day 13 - Sunday 14th July 2019- California Grill/Grand Floridian Cafe brunch and Animal Kingdom

Day 14 - Monday 15th July 2019 - Magic Kingdom and Narcoossee's

The last day.

There's usually a different atmosphere in our group on the last full day. People start thinking about the long journey home, and the things they have to do when they get back. I really wasn't so bad this time. I had thoroughly enjoyed every single day of our holiday. Every day had a highlight of some sort... and that for me... is a great holiday I sort of felt the same about everyone else. Everyone was still up for making the most of every moment, and so there didn't seem to be that sadness that is usually present on the last day.

We weren't done just yet! I was also very very keen to ensure that we managed to see Happily Ever After in all of its amazing, magical glory.

Our plan for that day was to return to Magic Kingdom and do our favourite rides and our final meal of the holiday was to be at Narcoossee's. It was a foulproof day and it didn't let us down.

We managed to get a bus to MK really quickly and met everyone in the Main Street Emporium before heading over into Frontierland for our first FP on Splash.

Our final go on Splash Mountain was just as enjoyable as the first go and we got yet another belting picture. Jazz hands was the cue this time.

After this, we headed back through into Fantasyland. I asked Neil to take a picture of me in one of my favourite spots in MK.

We also had a bit of a wander around New Fantasyland and the boys posed for a picture...

After this, we headed on SDMT for our final 'Heigh Ho' into the mines.

We still had a bit of time to kill before our 12.30pm reservation at BOG, so people headed to do a little more shopping. Neil and I managed to get our Thomas Kinkade Beauty and the Beast print for our new house... whenever we get it.

Neil was also insistent on going on the Carousel. Have you ever seen anyone so excited?

This was actually pretty fun. I tried to ignore the fact that we were two 30 somethings in a sea of kids...

After this, we headed to Be Our Guest for our lunchtime reservation. This was, as per usual, terrific.

I had the Tuna Nicoise Salad. It was beautiful.

And Neil had a very nice... Ham and Cheese Toastie.

After this, we headed back to CSR. However, Neil and I did manage to get a cheeky Photopass of the two of us in front of the Castle.

After showers and a bit more packing, we were finally ready to head out for our final meal at Narcoossee's.

If you've followed the trip report through right from the beginning, you will remember that I said there were two occasions where the weather really messed up our plans and made me stressed. Unfortunately, our last night was one of those times.

Our final ADR at Narcoossee's was scheduled for 7.10pm. Neil and I deliberately set out to NOT be stressed and therefore set off early... what a laugh. I also wanted to enquire as to whether they could combine our two tables of five and four for a table of nine.

The rain was falling in absolute torrents, delaying the buses incrementally from 6pm, which was when we got to the bus stop. The next MK bus was half an hour away. I planned to just get the next bus to either Epcot or DHS and then get the bus to the GF.

Epcot came first.

Not even thinking about it, we got on the bus and headed for the main sign board to get a bus to the Grand. Except there weren't any. Prior to this trip, I had absolutely no idea that you couldn't get a bus from Epcot to any of the monorail resorts. WHAT IS THAT?

What if you're scared of the monorail? There was literally no way for us to get to the Grand Floridian. The time of our ADR getting steadily nearer... I started to get really stressed.

Then, Neil had an idea which I can't believe we didn't use to get from CSR to the GF straightaway: UBER. I'm an idiot. I could have saved myself a lot of stress by thinking of this straightaway!

Anyway, 15 minutes later, and pretty much right on time for our ADR, we arrived at the Grand Floridian.

Narcoossee's were, characteristically amazing, and we were soon seated as a table of nine, at the best table in the house, toasting our incredible holiday. This meal was just stunning... For most, it was their favourite meal of the holiday. For me, The Boathouse's Fillet Mignon Oscar Style just pipped it... just. But that said, the location here and the emotions of it being the last night made this meal really shine for all of us.

What a view...

Mine and Neil's starters came quickly, while everyone else tucked into the amazing bread service.

I had the Cider Mussels and Cream which were absolutely incredible.

For mains, Neil had the scallops which he said were superb.

Then most of the rest of the table had Surf and Turf, upgrading to the Filet OOP for the steak. I didn't bother with the upgrade, simply having the Sirloin. It was sensational.

Desserts were also out of this world on this night, with a mixed array of Narcoossee's Candy Bars, Chocolate Tortes and other treats.

I also treated myself to a dessert cocktail which was INSANELY gorgeous. It was a Key Lime Martini. Wowsers.

Our fabulous server took a great 'last night' picture of us all.

We paid the cheque and headed for the GF monorail to MK. The emotion of the night was starting to creep in for me now, especially as we arrived outside to all the lights and magic of Main Street.

I had one wish and one wish only for our final hours in Magic Kingdom. I wanted a great view of the Castle for our final viewing of Happily Ever After. My wish was granted.

As the music soared through Main Street and the castle projections began, the sheer joy and magic we had experienced during those fourteen days just hit me and I was hit with... not sadness that we were leaving (although I do feel sadness now when I'm writing this because I miss WDW so much... )... but happiness that we had had such an amazing time.

Group shot... taken by Neil...

Everyone absolutely LOVED Happily Ever After. I just think it's amazing. So emotional... and what they do with the Castle makes everything so much more magical.

With hearts full of the magic and love of our two weeks, we headed back to CSR. Usually, we would have gone to bed, but we decided to have a final drink and few games of cards in our beloved Barcelona Lounge.

I got off at the Casitas stop because I wanted to get changed into something a bit comfier but this did allow me a nice, serene, contemplative walk back over to Gran Destino.

I could not believe how much we had fallen in love with CSR. It truly was our home. We loved every inch of that resort. And when I joined the rest of the gang, there was a real ease and happiness about us on that last night, as we played cards, laughed and had drinks.

We had had so much fun, but it was like we all knew that what we'd experienced couldn't, and shouldn't last forever. More than anything, it was this that occupied my thoughts as we made our long way back home the next day. Apart from one small moment of weakness as we were leaving our room when Neil got so depressed that he said, 'Sod the new house, we'll come next year! '

What makes Walt Disney World so special, or so special to us, is how different it is from any other kind of holiday. You plan it out (or we do, anyway), you have planning nights, you think about what you want to do, and where you'd like to eat. You see incredible things, you experience amazing experiences, you eat phenomenal food, and you do all this with the people that you love.

When I think about our holiday this year... I just smile. It was an incredible two weeks and I feel so happy and proud that I was able to share that time with my family.

And with that... my bests:

Hotel: Coronado Springs
Park: Magic Kingdom
Ride: Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure
Meal: Filet Mignon Oscar Style (The Boathouse)
Restaurant Experience: California Grill brunch
Day: California Grill brunch/Animal Kingdom/Pandora at night
Night-time Show: Happily Ever After
Bar: Dahlia Lounge
Biggest surprise: 'Ohana

Things will definitely change for us over the next few years...and of course, we always look to plan the next one.

BUT...

Neil and I are saving to move house and perhaps start a family next year (scary thoughts, scary times )... you can still do DDP with a toddler, right?

Comedically, we have September 2023 earmarked for our next trip. I still want to go to Epcot Food and Wine. I just hope that the next few Septembers remain hurricane free so as not to put everyone off going at that time of year. Irma was what deterred everyone from going at this time in 2019

We are probably going to be thinking of a 2 night stay at Universal. I'm praying for Royal Pacific Resort (with Express, hopefully) and then 12 nights at CSR.

I can't see us staying anywhere else.

I'm praying that all of our amazing family remain in good health and good fortune and can still come with us. I'd also love it if my sister, Katie, her husband Jonathan and my gorgeous little nephew, William could come with us as well. We'll see!

But for now, I just want to say thanks for reading along... and thanks to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando - we had just... THE BEST time.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List