Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Nov 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Another grateful receiver of blood here

I will be eternally grateful for my units
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m a regular donor and my local Health Authority went through a phase of texting to let you know how/where your donation was used which was quite thought provoking. Doesn’t seem to happen now.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Another one here, thank you all who donate blood. I had to have a few blood transfusions when I was undergoing chemotherapy and I got very weak. I really can not thank you enough. You are truly amazing people. Thank you too for my absolutely wonderful mum who also received one. xxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
I’m a regular donor and my local Health Authority went through a phase of texting to let you know how/where your donation was used which was quite thought provoking. Doesn’t seem to happen now.
Thats a surprise as I still get text messages saying where my donation has gone; two of my three so far this year to Bristol Royal Hospital for Children and the other to Bradford General.

I wonder if they don't message if its used for research purposes instead of hospital issue?
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by the_weird_one View Post
Thats a surprise as I still get text messages saying where my donation has gone; two of my three so far this year to Bristol Royal Hospital for Children and the other to Bradford General.

I wonder if they don't message if its used for research purposes instead of hospital issue?
No idea. I donate as often as I can and the texts suddenly stopped. I always get text reminders of my appointments so they’ve not lost my number. I may ask them as due to go this Sunday.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

My husband is booked in next week to give his plasma/blood. He has covid back in March and was hospitalised as has been doing this regularly so it can be given to other covid patients. Seem to be helping some people.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Nic1982
Getting Excited

Mobile

My son has had 6 blood transfusions and 5 platelet transfusions this year whilst battling leukaemia so thank you so much to you amazing donors, you have literally kept him alive this last year.

I donated blood 2 weeks ago and as mentioned here, felt very safe. I asked about platelets but they didn’t think my veins were up to it and said, like others here, they would probably rather my blood anyway because I’m O-. Xx
Nic1982 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

I may be unpopular for this but i havent donated for about 18 months now. I have a silver badge, so have donated for many years, but all of a sudden the local donation centres started to overestimate appointments. I dont mind waiting and appointments slipping but by the last time i went they were getting to an hour over schedule.

The kids were playing up waiting for so long, the center was standing room only so had to walk out and since then I stopped. According to colleagues it didn't get better and they have also stopped.

Ill look again maybe next time they are back but if it is still a shambles I simply cant leave the kids that long - thats why i make the appointment.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 05:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nic1982 View Post
My son has had 6 blood transfusions and 5 platelet transfusions this year whilst battling leukaemia so thank you so much to you amazing donors, you have literally kept him alive this last year.

I donated blood 2 weeks ago and as mentioned here, felt very safe. I asked about platelets but they didn’t think my veins were up to it and said, like others here, they would probably rather my blood anyway because I’m O-. Xx

Thinking of you and your son and sending him tonnes of positive thoughts so successful treatment xxx
Old 5 Nov 20, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
I may be unpopular for this but i havent donated for about 18 months now. I have a silver badge, so have donated for many years, but all of a sudden the local donation centres started to overestimate appointments. I dont mind waiting and appointments slipping but by the last time i went they were getting to an hour over schedule.

The kids were playing up waiting for so long, the center was standing room only so had to walk out and since then I stopped. According to colleagues it didn't get better and they have also stopped.

Ill look again maybe next time they are back but if it is still a shambles I simply cant leave the kids that long - thats why i make the appointment.
Such a shame to read this, I would feel the same as you and would question whether I would want to continue donating. X