Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Nov 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
customer can be cruel

I work for 18 years and I never see that happened.

What happened, when I served to one lady that she bought 5 bottle sparking gin with light on.

When she paid but it was declined so she try again and it got through.

Later at evening she came back and complained to boss and I finished work then I was shopping Xmas things then I saw boss and she was telling me that customer was not happy with me. I was confused and customer pointed at me front of boss. She said I charged her twice and I knew its impossible I waited until she gone and I explained to boss that I didn't charged her twice as it was declined at first place then she try again and got through. Boss went upstairs and checked computer and told me that I tell the truth as it showed only one not twice .

I was very upset and I cannot believe it I didn't get good sleep. It is very stressful.

My guess that was she bought 5 gins from another tills then she bought 5 gins from me then blame me for charge her twice? just my thoughs. Maybe I am wrong?

Boss called the customer to come back next day and she never did it.

90 pounds is a lot of money.

Today I will find out more information from my boss
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 11:48 AM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

That's not a nice thing to have happened and unfair on you to have been put in that position.

Could the customer have seen a pending transaction on her bank statement for the first try that had been declined? That's happened to me before and it drops off the pending list after a couple of days.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I would suggest it showed on her bank as a shadow transaction when it was declined so may have seemed as if it was twice charged until the shadow drops off - I have seen that with Nationwide a few times.

However she wasnt charged twice, she would have been given a slip by you saying it was declined so the burden of proof of on her to show she had been charged twice would have been flimsy at best.

Surely your shops tills and CCTV can back this up ? I wouldn’t have thought it will go any faster anyway and maybe best have a chat with you LM and I am sure they will agree and pout it to bed and move on
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
That's not a nice thing to have happened and unfair on you to have been put in that position.

Could the [B]customer have seen a pending transaction on her bank statement for the first try that had been declined? That's happened to me before and it drops off the pending list after a couple of days.[/B]
We posted the same thing at same time 👍🙏
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I am not sure I understand the issue to be honest. A customer thought she had been double charged for whatever reason. She raised it with a manager just as anybody who thought they had been double charged would and it was investigated. There was no need to point at you but I wouldn’t take it as a personal complaint, she thought there had been a mistake.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I would suggest it showed on her bank as a shadow transaction when it was declined so may have seemed as if it was twice charged until the shadow drops off - I have seen that with Nationwide a few times.

However she wasnt charged twice, she would have been given a slip by you saying it was declined so the burden of proof of on her to show she had been charged twice would have been flimsy at best.

Surely your shops tills and CCTV can back this up ? I wouldn’t have thought it will go any faster anyway and maybe best have a chat with you LM and I am sure they will agree and pout it to bed and move on
When the customer pointed to me and she had been showed her mobile phone to LM. I wish I see it as I left my glasses at the till.

She showed LM only one receipt. No declined paper which I gave it to her.

I am going to work this afternoon and I will find out with LM.

However my LM is lovely and she told me not to worry and she had suspected too. I will update later okay.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 12:13 PM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Dont take this personally. As others have said the first transaction will be showing on her statement as a 'pending' one, if you don't understand this it does look like the money was taken as they subtract this amount from what is in your account. It will revert back to her account today I would espect. Your boss should have come across this before. You did nothing wrong and your boss knows that.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

They’ve got it about them at the moment.

Last week I was called ugly because the grey roots are coming through, I got screamed at and called a ****ing stupid little girl (I’m a fully grown adult) because I refused to sell someone who was VERY underage alcohol, and then I got called a ****ing liar. So they’re definitely out there at the mo!

Don’t worry about it, as long as your line manager has seen you’ve only charged once, let the woman think what she likes.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It’s not nice when a customer accuses you of doing something you haven’t it’s happened to me a few times if a card has declined I always point out that it’s not me declining the purchase it’s their bank and give them the receipt which shows the transaction declined
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If this all happened in the same day then I can easily beleive that the customer would see two transactions on their phone.

There would be a pending (but voided) transaction for the first aborted sale
There would also be a pending (but valid) transaction for the second successful sale

This is all down to the antiquated way that Credit Card systems work. They were never designed for "up-to-the-minute" transaction checking, so they all just record potential transactions (so that they can reduce the available credit so you don't go over limit). The true transaction provision gets "reckoned-up" over the next few days.

She may have seemed rude by pointing at you, but if she was trying to tell the manager who it was that had served them and you were in the building that does seem like the easiest way to communicate that information
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List