Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Change from AKL to Wilderness Lodge

Hi

We’ve made the jump to WL from AKL after this whole pool closure debacle and I wondered if anyone who has stayed there could give us some info about it.

Is Roaring Fork crazy busy at breakfast? Are the standard rooms nice?

Also, bit confused re the boat to MK... Does it drop off at the TTC or “inside” the park? Also, how do we get to Epcot? Is it by boat/monorail or by bus?

Any info you can give me would be most appreciated
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

This year will be our third WL vacation... Roaring isn't that busy, depending on what time you get up, Geyser Point is where we will be having our nibbles..The boat sails from the dock at bay lake into seven seas lagoon at MK... I would get the bus to Epcot...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

WL is a beautiful resort. We stayed last Oct in a standard room and had one with queen/ bunk beds and a view of the lake/ tip of Cinderella castle. We got to see fireworks and electric parade from our balcony every night.

The boat to MK is fab. You can also get the boat to contemporary and Fort Wilderness which we enjoyed.
2 lovely pools and 2 QS options. Enjoy😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Having stayed at both AKL and WL we much prefer WL. It is a smaller more homely resort. The last time there we had booked a Woods View but when we arrived the trees were gone and we looked out over the new bungalows towards the Contemporary so we saw Wishes every night. Roaring Fork is great. We thought it was much better than The Mara at AKL. The pine smell in reception is amazing.

When we used the buses at WL they were great whereas buses back to AKL were always easiest to find as they had the longest line.

You won't regret moving.

The pool is a bit smaller than AKL but still nice.
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
WL is a beautiful resort. We stayed last Oct in a standard room and had one with queen/ bunk beds and a view of the lake/ tip of Cinderella castle. We got to see fireworks and electric parade from our balcony every night.

The boat to MK is fab. You can also get the boat to contemporary and Fort Wilderness which we enjoyed.
2 lovely pools and 2 QS options. Enjoy😊
Hi Minnie mum, when I’ve looked on TP there is no standard room with queen and bunk beds?
It is only courtyard and garden views - in fact TP show there are hardly any standard rooms so s bit confused tbh
Old 11 May 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyPCLI View Post
Hi Minnie mum, when I’ve looked on TP there is no standard room with queen and bunk beds?
It is only courtyard and garden views - in fact TP show there are hardly any standard rooms so s bit confused tbh
We were there during building work ( not that we saw any of it) and there were less room category available. Dont think they were offering the wood view( given trees were cut down) so our room may of been that reclassified as standard. We requested through TP and asked again for bunk beds at check in
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

Mobile

Sorry to jump on the thread, we have a standard room booked, which room(s) would you recommend we request for this view. I think I will join touring plans to make a request, and would love to see the fireworks every evening. Thanks
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LauraE View Post
Sorry to jump on the thread, we have a standard room booked, which room(s) would you recommend we request for this view. I think I will join touring plans to make a request, and would love to see the fireworks every evening. Thanks
We were on the left looking over the new bungalow and small lake. 5046 we think we were but cant remember. It was a TP pick room. Its a lovely resort
Old 12 May 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
This year will be our third WL vacation... Roaring isn't that busy, depending on what time you get up, Geyser Point is where we will be having our nibbles..The boat sails from the dock at bay lake into seven seas lagoon at MK... I would get the bus to Epcot...
Looks like we’re there at the same time

Thanks for the info guys and the recommendation re room requests.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Hi Sheryl

We are staying at AKL when the pool is closed and really don't know what to do. Did you have to pay to move to WL? If so can I ask how much they wanted please?

Thanks
Sarah