Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 28 Jun 18, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Places to stay in AMI

Hi, can anyone recommend a hotel for 2 adults for Anna Maria Island? Never been before so it’s all new 😊 thanks in advance!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Sunset Garden Resort, close to restaurants, the piers etc.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Sorry to be picky Tim but just to avoid confusion, its the Sunrise Garden Resort, we've stayed there 3 times now, excellent location, however, as much as it pains me to say this I think I'd steer clear for a while. It's just round the corner from Anna Maria City Pier, demolition has started, if not it will any day, with rebuild and completion due Dec 19 ... There's going to be a lot of heavy construction and noise around that area for some time. We will defo be back when it's all finished though to fish from the pier and stay at SGR.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Sorry to be picky Tim but just to avoid confusion, its the Sunrise Garden Resort, we've stayed there 3 times now, excellent location, however, as much as it pains me to say this I think I'd steer clear for a while. It's just round the corner from Anna Maria City Pier, demolition has started, if not it will any day, with rebuild and completion due Dec 19 ... There's going to be a lot of heavy construction and noise around that area for some time. We will defo be back when it's all finished though to fish from the pier and stay at SGR.
Oh no! 🤦🏼🤦🏼 Was planning on booking this weekend for our next trip in August! Back to square one! Thanks for the info though 👍🏻
Old 28 Jun 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Try Anna Maria Inn, speak to Court he’s really helpful. They have some accommodation right on the beach and there’s more across the road. Beautiful and perfect if your budget can stretch to a beach front apartment.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Oh dear, that's very concerning! We are going to stay there in six weeks time for five nights. I booked it over a year ago. How far away is the pier from Sunrise Garden Resort?

Thanks,
Jane
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Mobile

Check it out on google maps, it’s literally round the corner. I think they’re removing commemorative planks first so six weeks maybe ok, my guess is the rebuild will incur heavier plant for piling work etc. Did notice there was a new place called Rod and Reel hotel right near the Rod and Reel pier which looked new this year and May be more suitable for bookings later on. Anna Maria City Pier have their own Facebook page and update it regularly

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

We were in Anna Maria last week and went to two scoops near the pier, there was no sign of any demolition either time, it was all blocked off but no work had started yet by the looks of it.
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LauraE View Post
We were in Anna Maria last week and went to two scoops near the pier, there was no sign of any demolition either time, it was all blocked off but no work had started yet by the looks of it.
Imminent Laura, permits and contractors agreed now ... It's taken some time. We were there May and it was a very sad sight indeed, many a happy hour spent fishing from the pier.

Old 2 Jul 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
Try Anna Maria Inn, speak to Court he’s really helpful. They have some accommodation right on the beach and there’s more across the road. Beautiful and perfect if your budget can stretch to a beach front apartment.
Hi

I have booked 2 of the beach front apartments here for our stay in November - we have always stayed at Cedar cove but they are booked out for a big wedding.

I have read a couple of bad reviews so i'm a little worried. the bad reviews speak of dirty rooms and worn out furniture etc.

It sounds as if you ar familiar with the place so your recommendation has put my mind at rest a little
Oct 14 Villa, HRH, AMI - Oct 16 Villa, HRH, AMI
OCT 18 Villa, AMI- June 2019 R&R AMI 17 nights
x_Ange_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List