Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jul 18, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile Clearwater or St Petes - recommend me a hotel!

Hi there!
Now this year’s holiday is done, time to think about next year!
We are going back to AKL but only as a 4 this time (we usually go with my brother’s family). We are going to really miss them so have decided we need to do something different.
We are going in August too with us new for us and have decided to visit the coast for a few nights 4/5.
We love to stroll along the beach as a family, make sandcastles etc but my youngest (and me to be fair) are not keen sea swimmers. He’ll paddle but that’s about as far as it gets so a pool is a must!
Having never been to the area before we have no preference to Clearwater or St. Petes. Cab anyone recommend us a hotel. I should add it’s a 40th birthday trip so would like something a bit special.
Thank you!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Opal sands on Clearwater beach is our favourite. This hotel every room has an ocean view. It’s the newest hotel on the beach. All balcony’s are private, you can not see your neighbours. There is a pantry on every floor with cookies, fresh fruit and bottled water to have at your leisure. The service is second to none.
You can sit on your balcony and right underneath you can watch dolphins, manatees and stingrays gliding by, amazing!
Because of the position of the hotel you can sit on your balcony and enjoy the beautiful sunsets!
We have stayed 3 times over the last couple of years and we felt like celebrities, fabulous hotel.
We have also stayed in SP and H but they in my opinion do not come anywhere near the standard that this hotel is achieving. But that is just my opinion.
There are 3 on the main beach.
Opal sands
Sandpearl
Hilton
There is lots to do and see in and around Clearwater beach
Park the car up and relax!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

We have been going to the Dolphin beach resort at St Petes for the last 20+ years. It’s directly on the beach. It’s nothing spectacular more motel style but it has a lovely pool, tiki bar, right across the road from Publix, dollar tree and some nice restaurants. We always get the same room which opens up directly on the beach. Seriously this cannot be beaten. No resort fee but they have just introduced a $10 parking fee.
Old 26 Jul 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

Have you considered renting a villa for those nights with a pool but close walk to the beach?
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Redsox77 View Post
Have you considered renting a villa for those nights with a pool but close walk to the beach?
We thought for just a few days maybe a hotel would be a better option but it’s worth a thought. I loved the look at Inn on the beach but it has no pool and Pass-a-Grille looks stunning.
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by swiper View Post
Opal sands on Clearwater beach is our favourite.
This is the one I’m looking at! Hope it’s not horrendously expensive! Even happy to knock a night or two off Disney in compensation! Would it be okay for children (12 and 9) or is it more of a grown up place?
Old 26 Jul 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by swiper View Post
Opal sands on Clearwater beach is our favourite. This hotel every room has an ocean view. It’s the newest hotel on the beach. All balcony’s are private, you can not see your neighbours. There is a pantry on every floor with cookies, fresh fruit and bottled water to have at your leisure. The service is second to none.
You can sit on your balcony and right underneath you can watch dolphins, manatees and stingrays gliding by, amazing!
Because of the position of the hotel you can sit on your balcony and enjoy the beautiful sunsets!
We have stayed 3 times over the last couple of years and we felt like celebrities, fabulous hotel.
We have also stayed in SP and H but they in my opinion do not come anywhere near the standard that this hotel is achieving. But that is just my opinion.
There are 3 on the main beach.
Opal sands
Sandpearl
Hilton
There is lots to do and see in and around Clearwater beach
Park the car up and relax!
Sounds fantastic. Cannot wait for our stay at the end of august !
Old 26 Jul 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
Sounds fantastic. Cannot wait for our stay at the end of august !
Are you staying at Opal Sands?
Old 26 Jul 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pamela1960
VIP Dibber

The Holander in St Petes
Fantastic
Click on link below
hollanderhotel
2 Twin with Jack & Jill bathroom
Games Room
Pool Spa
Free calls & wifi
Disney only 6 miles
Not back to back.
'Head & shoulders above any other villa owners we have used'
Kev Green
DIBB REVIEWS
Villa Licence DWE6314545

GUEST BOOK
PHOTOS
WEBSITE & VIDEO

George & Pamela
E: heronvilla@me.com
T: 07717 840979
pamela1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pamela1960 View Post
The Holander in St Petes
Fantastic
Click on link below
hollanderhotel
Thanks I’ll have a look.