Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Oct 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Feeling nervous about Dubai...go in 6 days

Myself and three girlfriends have been saving for over 4 years to have a magical trip away. We picked Dubai as it offered everything we wanted.
Thing is I’m feeling so nervous...
Not sure why? Ive been away loads with the girls, I’m the chief organiser so I know it’s not that either?
Has anyone else felt this way or is it just me being silly!?
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

You've had a long time to plan and get excited about it. I always get really anxious before a big trip, what if it doesn't live up to expectations etc. My first big trip without my kids was the biggest panic ever. Being the chief organiser do you feel worried about everyone else's enjoyment too? I'm sure you'll have a ball when your there.
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

It's a very different culture out there, have you travelled to the middle east before? Maybe that's what's niggling you?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Just make sure you know what's acceptable out there and check what you are allowed to take in the country like meds etc

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
You've had a long time to plan and get excited about it. I always get really anxious before a big trip, what if it doesn't live up to expectations etc. My first big trip without my kids was the biggest panic ever. Being the chief organiser do you feel worried about everyone else's enjoyment too? I'm sure you'll have a ball when your there.
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
It's a very different culture out there, have you travelled to the middle east before? Maybe that's what's niggling you?
I think the middle eastern culture is definitely something I am worried about, I will be fine when I'm there...I hope!
Definitely part of the worry is will everyone enjoy it?! I think going without my family is niggling me too!
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

maybe its the thought of paying north of £10 for a glass of wine
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Where did you find that deal? We paid almost that for a bottle of water with our dinner one night!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m a day ahead of you! I fly out Sunday morning. There is nothing to worry about- culture wised it’s far more relaxed than it was 20 years ago. Particularly in the resorts/hotels it’s very much like any other holiday resort worldwide. Apart from topless sunbathing I’ve seen almost everything else! Outside the hotels and when in public places/malls etc it is suggested that you should cover shoulders etc but many people don’t bother.
You will have an amazing time. It is really hot at the minute so be prepared
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
That’s why we would only ever stay club and we make sure we stop at that duty free shop before we leave the airport!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Where did you find that deal? We paid almost that for a bottle of water with our dinner one night!
TBH ive never been (never really appealed to me)

a friend of my mrs , bit of a weekend millionaire, went out recently for the first time & nearly passed out at the prices for drinks, she & her husband took turns each night to have one drink in the hotel..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List